A malty richness, piquant zest and fully-developed body hallmark this unique pressed cake. The remarkable balance of three hearty reds with both yellow and stoved black Virginia is of an appropriately historic character, perfect for cellaring. Linger in a "New York State-of-Mind" with Bowling Green.

BrandNew York Pipe Club
2.0
puro66 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
puro66 (69)
Mild to Medium None Detected Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

I am surprised that this has not yet been reviewed but here goes.

I bought this and Bedloe's Island after a prominent push of it in the blenders catalogue.

I wanted to like this blend, truly I did. I pushed through bowl after bowl trying to find something in the way of taste or complexity or something. Unfortunately it just didn't happen for me, this reminds me of Marble Kake by the same blender. It's tobacco in the bowl and it produces smoke but there it ends. There are many fine blends to be had but this one will not return to my smoking chamber.

I don't like to trash a tobacco because taste's are highly subjective but I love virginias and I don't believe this would even be helped by aging. I will give it the two stars because I did smoke the whole tin, but...