A malty richness, piquant zest and fully-developed body hallmark this unique pressed cake. The remarkable balance of three hearty reds with both yellow and stoved black Virginia is of an appropriately historic character, perfect for cellaring. Linger in a "New York State-of-Mind" with Bowling Green.

BrandNew York Pipe Club
Blended ByRuss Ouellette
Manufactured ByPipes & Cigars
Contents Virginia
CutKrumble Kake
Packaging2oz Tin
Strength
Taste
Very Mild, Mild
Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
2.0
Young Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Young Piper (86)
Mild None Detected Very Mild Pleasant

This blend is meh by itself, with ageing I think it will be spectacular. It has the colors, the aroma, the cake presentation, but the Virginias are very young. I have found a use for this blend as is right now. I take a flake, crumble it into cubes and mix 3/4 Frog Morton to 1/4 of this blend. FM lacks the Virginia sweetness I like and Bowling Green lacks the condimental tobaccos so it tames the Latakia and Cavendish beast. Buy two tins, one to stash and one to smoke now but added to another blend... The review below mine really goes into far better detail as to the components of BG so ill let him tell you...

puro66 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
puro66 (73)
Mild to Medium None Detected Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

I am surprised that this has not yet been reviewed but here goes.

I bought this and Bedloe's Island after a prominent push of it in the blenders catalogue.

I wanted to like this blend, truly I did. I pushed through bowl after bowl trying to find something in the way of taste or complexity or something. Unfortunately it just didn't happen for me, this reminds me of Marble Kake by the same blender. It's tobacco in the bowl and it produces smoke but there it ends. There are many fine blends to be had but this one will not return to my smoking chamber.

I don't like to trash a tobacco because taste's are highly subjective but I love virginias and I don't believe this would even be helped by aging. I will give it the two stars because I did smoke the whole tin, but...