Strictly English in character, Maharajah is the perfect mixture of choicest Oriental and Turkish tobaccos, skillfully proportioned with the finest ribbon cut Virginia, Perique & Latakia.

BrandFader's
ContentsOriental/Turkish, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia, Perique, Latakia
Strength
Taste
RyinMD Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
RyinMD (11)

This was one of the first few Fader's blends I tried. I liked it almost immediately. It isn't too heavy, and it maintains a good flavor all the way to the bottom of the bowl. This is a blend I will add to my rotation.

Pipe Used: BBB, Kriswell

Purchased From: Fader's Annapolis

jpbass Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jpbass (22)
Medium to Strong None Detected Medium to Full Pleasant

This was my first introduction to an English Blend after years of smoking either aromatics or drug store burleys, and I made the right choice. I asked a Fader's clerk to recommend an English and was served up with Maharajah. Since then, I have sampled many of their other English Blends (Chaucer, King Eider, Barrister, Joust) and still maintain that this IS their best English. The initial smell in the bag freaked me out a little, and my wife said, "you are smoking THAT ONE outside!" However after she smelled it burning, she thought it "smelled nice". It's got a full Latakia flavor but it's not overbearing. Highly recommended.

drmeer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
drmeer (20)

I found this blend has good flavor potential, but the batch I tried did not burn very well. Even after trying the tricks of breaking it up, drying it out, etc. it still is a challenge for a good, even burn. Otherwise it is a nice blend. Faders Balkan is better in my opinion.

emmbee Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
emmbee (174)

Another fine blend in the Fader's repertory. This is one of the most enjoyable English/Orientals I've experienced in a long time. Reminds me faintly of CD 'Yale Mixture' or Pease's 'Samarrah' but with more individuality and nuttiness. The VA/Perique takes the bite/acidity off the Orientals without sacrificing its robust texture. This is an excellent after dinner mixture, though it is a bit hard to keep lit at first. I'm surprised no one has already reviewed this and other excellent Fader blends. They make some first-rate stuff!

Four of five stars

I agree with embee on all points. This was the least favorite of my order though for only 1 reason. I LOVE Orientals and have a low tolerance for Perique. Of all the English Fader blends I sampled, this had the least amt. of Orientals and the highest amt. of Perique. All that being said, it is a fine after dinner mixture for those whose likings lean more toward the English rather than Balkan style blends.