A blend manufactured by 4noggins specifically for
El
Rincon de la Pipa, a
pipe smokers forum in Spain, following the recipe
by
Javier Trillo and Carlos Rincon. A beautiful mix of
Virginias, Burley, Izmir, Latakia and a touch of
Black Cavendish

Notes: A very balanced mixture, full of body, with the
white burley as main flavour support, spicy
orientals giving a piquant character and virginias
bonding all of them, resulting a sweet medium
atypical mixture.

Taste
fustillat Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
fustillat (6)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Medium to Full Pleasant

I am still unfamiliar with the way the diverse ingredients are detected, but after a week of daily smoking this blend in different pipes, I can now state with certainty that this blend is worth trying and even keeping in regular rotation. The slight lemony flavour reminds me of lemon grass that is also delightful to the palate. It burns very well with no tongue bite. It arrived a little dry to me, so I added some moisture to it. Another less known treasure to be appreciated more widely. (Nov 2013)

On 19 August 2013 I received another batch of this blend, because I had missed it! It has become my personal No. 1! But I will moisten it again to make it sing (otherwise it's a little scratchy on my throat). Four stars only because there are no more stars to give.

mhyst Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mhyst (1)

If you like burley, this is definitely your mixture and your going to absolutely love it. If not... just keep away from this tobacco. But don't take me wrong, this is not just burley. If you give this mixture a chance, you're going to find a nice black cavendish and the delicious Turkish izmir all spiced with a touch of Cypriot latakia; all with a base of ol' good Virginia leaf.

What more to say... ah yes. It comes a bit dry, but it's better that way. If you moixturize it, you're going to find that the burley is almost overwhelming. So just smoke it as dry as it comes. If, even so, you want to experiment; please, do it with a small quantity. On the contrary, your going to regret it.

That said, do I recommend this? Absolutely yes. I highly recommend it to you. Give it a try!

Caripu Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Caripu (11)

The No. 1 is an unusual mixture, custom manufactured by 4noggins. It is a mixture based on various types of leaves of virginia, seasoned with a generous amount of turkish Izmir, white burley, black Cavendish and cyprian Latakia.

The baccy comes in a bulk bag rather dry, but ready to smoke. It's actually a mixture that I like more a bit dry than smoked on the wet side. At light-up it announces the dominant flavors will come from Izmir, being sweetened and moderated by the base of Virginias. Fruity and spicy aromas are the dominant notes throughout the smoke. If we decide to moisten up the mixture, we find that the oriental No. 1 rating is tempered, with the burley taking over the weight of the smoke, leaving the Izmir as seasoning leave.

With a moderate amount of vitamin N and a creamy and dense body, it smokes very pleasant at the time of day you want a bold smoke but without excess.

The main player is the Burley, but you can taste a mighty fine English just behind it. By the end of the bowl the Burley has beaten the English into submission and declared domination. I'm exaggerating a little, but just a little. This is a very tasty and delicious smoke. Medium in body and somewhat rich in flavor.

This is a fine blend due in large part to the quality components used by 4noggins. I'm smoking my way through several of their blends now and I'm impressed.

Pipe Used: MM General, MM Country Gentleman, MM Freehand

Age When Smoked: fresh bulk

Purchased From: 4noggins

albfneto Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
albfneto (165)
Mild to Medium None Detected Medium to Full Unnoticeable

Interesting Rich, large body, complex mixture.

Burley (bite taste) slighly dominates, but Turkish and Orientals are noted easily.

Mild, not so strong in Nicotine.This is for me,good. I enjoy tobaccos with flavour, taste but low Nicotine content.

This is an "Sui Generis" tobacco, have a trace of "English taste", seems an English mixture, "diluted" with Virginia and Burley.

I recommend it to people that wants an not so strong, but not aromatic tobacco, but also without strong latakia taste, typical of English Mixtures.

In my oppinion,it is more interesting than pure virginias or simple (no flavoured) Virginia-Burley.

Off the top of my head, I can't quite think of another blend that compares to No. 1. The tobacco arrives on the dry side (but not too dry) ready to pack. The blend is rough cut with a few thick ribbons. The pouch scent offers a heavenly aroma that reminds me of tobaccos of old. The Latakia is there, but added with a light hand and it remains in the background for support. This is true of the Cavendish as well. There is just enough there to add a slight sweetness to the blend. The main player banging on my taste buds is the burley as it dominates the blend, but in a good way. It isn't overpowering. The Orientals are also there to play a leading role. No. 1 produces large volumes of creamy, spicy smoke. This is a balanced blend that will be enjoyed by those that love Burley oriented blends. Personally, it isn't the type of tobacco that would make its way into my daily rotation, but it is clearly an excellent blend just the same.

Joanmabruma Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Joanmabruma (4)

First of all, Xarls thanks, to send a bag to me of this mixture.  Right now I am smoking my second pipe of this mixture. First that I emphasize it is  the surprise that produces this mixture nevertheless to me and seems that it hooks. The tobacco this a dry small point, to the point that I like, fodder that this way arises but the Virginias  and the Orientals.  To lack to perhaps give but continuity him, I will be necessary to ask, in this second pipe this liking but this mixture. Perhaps the surprise of the first time, has happened to background. Also to say that the Latakia that we smell when open the package or the bag in my case, does not appear.  In this third second of the puff, regusto in the nasal zone lasts, I I would say that balsamic, to way that some wines of raising of Rivera del  Duero leave it, I imagine that this will be thing of Orientals tobaccos and from time to time they leave memories to crude pipes of sunflower, without toasting. Good these are my impressions, can get to hook by their complexity and surprise. Dunhill Bamboo+Rincon N1