The Tuarekh – a classic Balkan blend. Ample Syrian Latakia and a touch of Cyprian Latakia give the Tuarekh its fresh and spicy taste. The blend is enriched by spicy Oriental grades, orange Virginia from Tanzania and a touch of Louisiana Perique. The Tuarekh – a sharply defined, medium-strong Balkan blend, offering nicely balanced nuances in taste.

BrandHU Tobacco
Strength
Taste
Cypressandstar Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Cypressandstar (14)

Tuarekh is described as a mixture balkan but if this is so, then it flows away from the mainstream. While mixtures such as "Btitt's Balkan" from 4noggins or the"Balkan Mix" by Gawith Hoggart(lakeland flavour?) are still recognizable as balkan, tuarekh follows the path of exile in a sense:dnt get me wrong,I do not want to be ironic or to say that this mixture does not deserve attention. Masterfully blended,different and interesting as other mix from this blender,she strike me for the taste and ease of smoke. Tuarekh could be an allday mixture and I could bet,without any bite or other dangers for the troath.

Pipeliner Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipeliner (12)

The Tuarekh is a classical english mixture.The blend contains 52% Latakia (syrian, but I´m not shure), a hint of Perique, Virginia and Turkish.The Tuarekh burns very well and absolutly dry. I feel no tongue bite or bitterness.The taste is full and creamy with a very nice smoky and salty touch. The taste is also a bit sweet but without any chemical touch and in the background I can taste a bit pepper notes and most of all a tingly sourness, a bit like champain. This note of the taste gives the Tuarekh it`s special character. A full english blend with no dull taste, but with a refreshing taste. This tobacco is not easy to discribe. Personally the Tuarekh reminds me to the Dunhill Early Morning Pipe made of Murray`s.People who had miss the older Early Morning Pipe should try the Tuarekh. HU Tobacco is really a specialist in natural tobaccos.In my mind especially in latakia blends.

Käpt`n Cook Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Käpt`n Cook (15)

Hans called The Tuarekh a classical Balkan Blend. I think this term is overused and so I was a bit skeptical. After opening the tin, I smell a maskulin and smoky aroma. The Tuarekh looks very nice and makes appetite to smoke. The tobacco is easily to pack and burns very well. The taste starts quit good and gets always better. The sweet virginia tobaccos harmonizes very well with the latakia and the orient leaf. The taste is very airy and tangy, but not characterless.The Tuarekh contains 52% latakia, I can always taste it but it don´t overtones the other tobacco combonents. I feel the taste very athereal and in the background I taste contuned a light soure combonent. I think it is the perique, which is very well dosed.The complex flavor I will get addicted.The smoke has a special power and let me say I love it. Wether the Tuarekh is a balkan blend, I don´t know. But I personally know that this blend is a grandious spicy latakia blend with wonderfully sweet and soure undertones. People who looks after a high interesting blend, taste the Tuarekh.