Typical Dutch Aromatic, Similar mixture to the Kendal Mixed, comprised of Virginia & Malawi. Topped with

BrandGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
CutShag
Strength
Extremely Mild, Very Mild, Medium
Taste
Tolerable to Strong
1.0
Zeus Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Zeus (3)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Medium Unnoticeable

I would consider this blend to be a bad joke on all who have swapped cigs for pipe. Tasted like a bad cig throughout the smoke, binned after attempting on 3 different pipes. Nothing more to say, please do not waste your money as I did.

twothumbedfist Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
twothumbedfist (3)
Extremely Mild Mild Very Mild Tolerable to Strong

This was my rolling tobacco of choice for about 5 years before I managed to quit cigarettes, I always thought this fine "shag" cut style of tobacco was a tax dodge to avoid it being classified as rolling tobacco. I couldn't see anybody putting this crap in their pipe and enjoying it, but for a jaded cigarette smoker's palette in will offer a nice (temporary) depth of flavour.

EDIT: I'd just like to add that although I'm the first to review this tobacco I did not add it to the database. I don't even consider this a pipe tobacco.

Medium Mild to Medium Medium Tolerable to Strong

Gawith Hoggarth - Kendal Dutch.

One of my first reviews that seemed unhelpful when I re-read it. I ordered some more to re-smoke then re-post.

It scored a good point upon opening, it had a brilliant level of hydration. It's mainly a medium brown shag, that doesn't look too finely cut. If I'm honest, the first few puffs lead me to disagree with the two previous reviews; that few puffs being literally a FEW. Then I began to get a trace of an atrocious casing; not 'strong', but there's enough to give me a causticity which is most unpleasant: slightly floral, and a bit like paraffin! The quality of the tobacco's are a moot point, as the casing spoils things.

Disgusting.