The Stockade is a section of Schenectady, NY where reinforcements were built to protect the settlement. This traditional aromatic blend will take you back in time to those early times. In days of yore, sailors and miners would lace their tobacco with rum to smooth it out. We present a Cavendish made of top flight burley and Virginia and flavored, subtly, with rum for a light, luxurious experience.

BrandHearth & Home
Taste
2.0
Theologia14 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Theologia14 (17)

I am surprised that this tobacco hasn't been reviewed yet. I have a pretty good stash of this in rotation right now having picked up some on sale.

Tin Note: Wow, this is a sweet coconut rum scent. I don't think the coconut was added, but the way the rum plays on the burley brings out something reminiscent of the beach.

Appearance: Gold, gold, gold. Burley and Virginias abound and the cavendish seems to be almost a light brown itself. But man this stuff is soaking wet. Be prepared to let it air dry for a good long while.

Flavor: This is where I need to knock some stars off this blend. Based on appearance and smell I was really excited to try this out for an "on the town" blend. However, it really didn't give me that rum flavor I was hoping for. I was excited to try it and put an aromatic into the rotation, but all I got from the bowl was a very cigarette like burley flavor with a bit of sweetness here and there. I don't mind the burley at all, but I was hoping for a little more flavor from the blend. If I want to smoke a burley blend, I'll smoke a burley blend, but I wanted an aromatic and a sweet one at that. The room note is the big plus. Others around me were pretty pleased with the room note. Overall, not bad, but not what I was hoping for in the end. I'll probably keep it around for yard and garage work for the old corn cobs, but there is not much to contemplate in the blend itself.

Pipe Used: Cobs and Clay pipes