Black Cavendish is double flavored with enticing chocolate and a hint of cherry essence. This produces a smooth, mild, and highly flavorful smoke.

Brand4noggins
Blended ByRich Gottlieb
ContentsBlack Cavendish
FlavoringCherry, Cocoa / Chocolate
Strength
Taste
2.6
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

The chocolate is the star flavor of this blend, though the cherry makes itself known as you smoke it. As others have noted, it's wet and needs some drying before smoking it. It's meant to be a flavorful uncomplicated smooth smoking aromatic, and I'd say it succeeds well at doing that. There's not much else to say except that if this fits your flavor profile, you'll enjoy it.

albfneto Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
albfneto (165)
Mild Very Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

In the pouch, in the tobacco itself, is wonderful... But when burning in the bowl... this is clearly less good. The Chocolate and Cherry flavours ans tastes are very week. almost tasteless. Only the pure,natural tobacco flavour and taste is noted. Good Qualitu Tobacco however. If you is a Pipe Smoker, that want very little aromatized tobaccos, that rassembles non aromatic ones. This is the Blend for you.

Planet Scott Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Planet Scott (12)

Got this as a free sample from an online order. Very moist with a distinct chocolate aroma. Hard to get lit, but once I got it going it burned very nice. I was expecting a cloying sweetness and tongue bite based on the aroma, but it was far from that. It starts very mild, but finishes quite well. Not much cherry flaovr detected, and slight chocolate flavor over all.

I was pleasantly surprised and just might buy this one when I need more tobacco. I would not think of this as an evening smoke but maybe an after breakfast smoke. I could see it in the evening with a nice Belgian Quad. The smoke would not overpower the malty goodness of the beer.

I was given a four bowl sample of Evening Cordial as part of a recent 4 Noggins order so is review is based on that small sample. I like aromatic tobacco as a change of pace, but it is rare for me to like a straight Black Cavendish blend. Evening Cordial is an exception. Like most aromatics, it arrived too wet to smoke and the pouch aroma is mainly chocolate and I couldn't detect a pouch scent of cherry. Once properly dried, EC provides a sweet chocolate smoke and the cherry makes itself known in a good way. It didn't goop up the bowl, but due to it being a straight Black Cavendish with a fair amount of casing, it should be smoked slowly for the best result. It stays sweet and tasty throughout the bowl and has no chemical taste or bitterness. There isn't much tobacco flavor due to the amount of casing so I would suggest it as a dessert tobacco. Rich has really done a nice job with Evening Cordial and I would buy it again. Three and a half stars.

dhintonca Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dhintonca (2)

As is common, too wet to smoke out of the (sample) packet I got. A wonderful smell out of the packet, and the other half quite likes the smell (always a plus)! The flavouring doesn't jump out at me (but I'm not very good at detecting flavours). The basic flavour is that of cavendish with hints of chocolate and cherry - very nice. The first bowl burned all the way to the bottom with only a couple of relights. It did tend to burn hot (in a meerschaum) but that's probably me - when I let it cool and dry for 10 minutes in the pipe, it was much better. Well worth trying if you like aromatics.