I've been told that this gets as close to the classic blend "Revelation" as one gets. Painter Hills is a light English blend of Virginias, Burleys, Latakia, and Perique, with an added light topping.

Brand4noggins
Strength
Taste
Tolerable, Strong

Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Tolerable

The nutty, molasses sweet burley and grassy, lightly earthy dark fruit and citrusyVirginias work well together as the main components. The raisiny, spicy perique is a condimental player, but you’ll always notice it. The Cyprian latakia is there, but in a small amount, and barely adds anything to the taste, except for a slight smoke and wood. The whiskey topping does sublimate the tobaccos a bit, but not enough to drown them out, and is very slightly distracting at times. The nic-hit is a little more than mild. Burns at a moderate pace, cool, clean and smooth with a very consistent flavor. Requires a few relights and leaves just a little moisture in the bowl. The after taste has a very mild sour note. Not quite an all day smoke.

Junkyard Dawg Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Junkyard Dawg (77)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

As I heard good things about 4noggins home blends, I asked Rich for a sample and he gave me this one. I have never smoked HOW's Revelation so I could not compare. What I can say is this mixture has the weirdest smell ever! I was a bit taken aback but, knowing that often what a tobacco smells like and what it tastes can be different, I gave it a try. It was definitively interesting. The various components marry very well and I was in for a pleasant experience. Having also purchased some C & D Epiphany, if it's anything close, I should be in for a nice moment smoking my pipe.

Pipe Used: Dunhill, Corn Cob

Age When Smoked: Unknown

Purchased From: 4noggins.com

Strong Mild to Medium Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

I never had either the PM or HoW version of Revelation, so I can't say how it matches up there. I have enjoyed both Epiphany and the Altadis Match (bulk, tinned as Suliffe 'R' Blend I believe). In taste, for me this is a more intense version of the Altadis, with a much stronger N kick to it. I don't directly detect Latakia in this (nor do I in Epiphany or Altadis Revelation Match for that matter) although I can certainly tell it's in the background but I don't mind that. If this sounds good to you, give it a try!

Upon Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Upon (15)
Strong Medium Full Tolerable

It's been years since I saw anyone drinking a sunrise or, to mention, any decent cocktail. Still, a mere forty years ago it was comme il faut and no one would call you a metrosexual or by other deprecating names. Today, it would be a medial suicide to tweet that you just had a rusty nail and sideburns. Unless you were "ironic". Somehow all this has got to do with Painter Hills, a neighbourhood somewhere in Vermont, I think. How fit!

The whiskey-soaked deer tongue in this mixture tickles me in the right place. Impossible to detect any latakia but then again, that is exactly how it should be used. Like the Martini in a dry martini. Full strength and aroma. I'm sure that has been said of many a tobacco. Back in the days, I mean. Get some.

CowBoy From Hell Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CowBoy From Hell (12)
Extremely Strong Medium Extra Full Tolerable to Strong

one of many blends smoked by the great thinker enstine, i wasnt sure what to think so i tried it and boy sting yet smooth, taste is strong with distinct taste in all blands only if they added a smoother like cavendish it would be money, but keeping a blend traditional for a reason and that reason is why i would recomend this to a advance smoker not just aromatics and smooth blends all in all great head and body high i may get more

Raines Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Raines (47)
Medium to Strong None Detected Medium to Full Strong

As every tobacco I smoke, I had to dry it a long time before smoking it. Even dry, I've found it overwhelming because it wasn't dry enough. I don't know if it was very wet or if I like very dry tobacco. Anyway. It's very tasty if you like perique. It's a little sweet so if you like aromatic, you could appreciate whatever it's obviously stronger. A always, it's a good tobacco to sit and relax with a bowl full of this blend...

Ronny 138 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ronny 138 (3)
Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Perfect balanced American-English blend. Preasant "nutty juicy fruit" flaver (prune+citrus?) dancing with pretty latakia. Tasty even lunce smoking. No bite after all day smoke. Nice in small or mid size bowl. Can be enjoyed at any time and place.

Pipe Used: Sav. Bent Bull, Big Ben Pipo, Falcon, Cob

Age When Smoked: new bulk

Purchased From: 4noggins

Similar Blends: Unique (more strong, sweet and moist than Epiphany).

AlexL Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
AlexL (26)
Medium to Strong Mild Medium to Full Strong

I felt Burleys and Perique very clearly, while Virginia and Latakia not so much. Quite satisfactory.

marshcope Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
marshcope (2)
Mild to Medium Very Mild Mild to Medium Strong

I was given this as a free sample. It was intolerable to smell the unsmoked tobacco, although surprised me when smoking. A welcomed change of palate! Quite a mild smoke. I am not entirely sure how pleasant it is for others in the room. I would say this is one You either really enjoy or altogether dislike!