Hearth & Home Marquee Series Viginia Memory #10 Pipe Tobacco evokes remembrances of a favored old blend. We use sweet yellow flue-cured tobaccos, rare and fragrant Orientals and earthy maduro cigar leaf for a rich and flavorful experience.

BrandHearth & Home
Strength
Taste
Trumpetboy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Trumpetboy (13)

I'm very pleased to be the first to review this mixture. Back in the day, I was a big fan of Sobranie Virginian no.10. It was one of my " go to " baccys at any time of day, and I found it especially nice in the summer, in the warm weather. Russ' new mixture, Virginia Memory #10, is aptly named in that I feel as if he's not trying to duplicate this tobacco, but inspire a memory of it. Upon opening the tin, I was struck by the very light, almost grassy appearance of this weed, and I must confess my first though was "what the..?". The tin aroma is fairly light and hay-like, with a very faint cigar aroma if you concentrate. The tobacco came fairly dry, so there is not much need to air it-- although, I must confess that I like to air all my tobacco and load pinch method from a paper rather than a tin. Upon lighting I was honestly surprised by the smoothness and "core" of flavor from such a lightly colored blend. This does take me back to the old no.10 in it's taste and fantastic smoothness. The N content is much lighter on than the original, but I'm really enjoying this! Great in a fairly largish bowl on a sunny afternoon with a good cold beer (sorry guys, I'm in Florida!) Easy on the palate, I think this is a fantastic very unique tobacco and the Trumpetboy highly recommends!!