Cup O' Joes

This blend of pressed Virginia ribbon, rich burleys and Black Cavendish is minty cool and delightfully refreshing!

BrandCup O' Joes
FlavoringMint
CountryUnknown
Where to Buy Cup O' Joes
Strength
Very Strong
Taste
Full, Extra Full
Very Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
2.5
Mild to Medium Very Strong Full Pleasant to Tolerable

Cup O' Joes - Adirondack Northway.

Wow, what a cold smoke!

It's a fairly coarse mixture, and the pouch has one smell: mint. I can't fault the moisture, and although it's coarse there's no twigs.

The moment this takes to the flame a massive blast of mint comes across. Now, I never realized this was a minty aromatic when I ordered it, they aren't my type of smoke, but this isn't too bad; it's 'different'. Throughout a bowl the mint leaves the tobaccos in a position where they REALLY have to fight for attention, giving VERY little flavour. Mechanically speaking it's very well behaved: great burn, medium pace, cool smoke, and no bite.

Nicotine: medium. Room-note: pleasant to tolerable.

I couldn't pipe this regularly, but it's not that bad. Somewhat recommended:

Two stars.

Pipe Used: Rattray's The Cave

Age When Smoked: One month

Purchased From: Cup O' Joes

SmokinChick Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SmokinChick (3)
Medium Very Strong Extra Full Very Pleasant

Upon opening the bag I was struck with an overwhelming aroma of mint. The description of this blend does not give it justice. When I lit my first bowl, I got such a cooling sensation in my mouth. Almost as if I just popped in a piece of gum. Gradually throughout the smoke the tobacco certainly mellows out, it never loses that mint flavor though. If you are looking for a full flavored tobacco and you don't mind the mint flavoring I would definitely recommend Adirondack Northway.

Pipe Used: Viking Classic