A real lady pleaser. This blend offers a rich, cool, dry smoke with a delightful aroma and pleasing taste. Perfect for mixed company and the beginning smoker.

BrandEdward's
ContentsBurley, Cavendish
Strength
Taste
1.3
Planet Scott Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Planet Scott (18)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Tolerable to Strong

Not sure why. Why is this blend so gross? Why is it called dolphin? Edwards has many other beginner/pleasing room note blends. Not this one.

Very Mild Extra Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

Absolutely horrible!!! it tastes like smoking a scented peach candle. Avoid at all costs!

Stan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stan (141)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

A blend of unsweetened black cavendish, some virginia, and some burley both straight and that is that is essence cured with "English Aroma".

English aroma is old back to the 60's and is akin to some lakeland flake multi-flowery/fruity scents today, but dryer.

Cool but richly sweet (almost peachy) with an abundance of english aroma in the essence tobacco. Not wet or goopy, as this is an essence technique based on aroma absorption alone.

Good for crowd pleasers, room aroma and also for one who likes a real sweet taste. The black cavendish keeps it cool but you have to like sweetness to like it. For the aromatic puffer, but good tobacco quality is here. Not bad but I just smoked a small pack once.

Ducksbreath Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ducksbreath (81)
Medium Medium to Strong Full Pleasant to Tolerable

Dolphin IS a high quality, extreme aromatic (Amerian burley and Cavendish) that is also sweet, bordering on stomach turning, yet rich and cool, without goop, and with a decent amount of strength.

The room smell is disgustingly sweet and artificial, and that's the way it tastes too.

I'm going to give it two stars though, for uniqueness, for those with a sweet tooth who are into the bizzare.

CaptnDan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CaptnDan (242)
Very Mild Strong Full Pleasant

I tried Dolphin when I was looking for an aromatic that my wife would enjoy the aroma of.

The bag aroma was kind of a sickly sweet fruitish air-freshener smell. When I lit it, I found that the taste was the same. I actually thought it was going to make me sick.

I must confess, I cannot tell you if the taste is different at the bottom of the bowl - I never made it that far. I rated the taste as 'full' because there was no category for 'nasty'. The flavoring overpowers any tobacco taste.

One innocent bystander (also a pipe-smoker) described the room note as "sickeningly sweet".

If you try this blend, be forewarned - that taste is not easy to remove from the pipe.

Dolphins live in the ocean. Maybe that would be the best place for this stuff as well. Anywhere but your pipe.

chaplikc Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
chaplikc (135)
Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

I had a very similar experience with this blend that lustra had. I tried this a few times because the guy running the edwards shop insisted that I try it. I tried it 2 times,the first time in a stanwell horn pipe and the 2nd time in a meerschaum. I would of only tried it once except that the guy running the shop insisted that it would smoke and taste much better in a meerschaum. I was a new pipe smoker than and thought he might be right since I did not have much experience with blends or pipes. He was wrong, it was just as bad in a meerschaum. A lessoned learned!

lustra Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
lustra (170)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

I sampled this blend a few times at the insistence of the proprieter of an Edward's tobacco store. It is intended, I think, to fill the same niche as their Bucaneer blend--that is, it is intended to be a tasty high-quality aromatic that doesn't gunk up your pipe. The problem is that Dolphin has some kind of fruity topping that comes across as sour and not at all tasty. Plus it bites. I no longer smoke this, even when it's offered free.