The champion of dark, fire-cured Cavendish. A zesty aromatic blend that is popular with younger and experienced smokers alike. In fact, this blend has become the biggest selling Edwards tobacco through the years. A cool smoke that you must try.

BrandEdward's
2.5
Young Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Young Piper (300)
Very Mild Very Mild Mild Very Pleasant

While I much prefer Honey Bucc which is a mix of Buccaneer and their Honey flavored blend, Buccaneer is a classic. Nothing like BCA (which I also love) in that Buccaneer does not have a sticky topping but you should let it dry for a bit. The aromatic qualities are applied using essences, never having touched the tobacco. This lets Buccaneer burn clean and does not leave a mess in the bottom of the bowl, a really novel approach at creating aromatics. Buccaneer does not have the nicotine amount that I need so for me it must be mixed with a strong burley but for new smokers you could do a whole heck of a lot worse than Bucc for your first smoke. Mild, easy burning and smells wonderful!

Similar Blends: Lane Limited - BCA.

Brian Scherzer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Brian Scherzer (6)
Very Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Buccaneer is the mildest tobacco that I have smoked. This was fine when I first began smoking a pipe, but I now find it difficult to feel satisfied. As others here have stated, the room note is very nice, and it is easy to pack. Mine has never been "wet" or left a goop in my pipes, so would guess that a previous reviewer got some that was too humidified. Having said that Buccaneer is a bit too mild for my current tastes, I do keep several ounces on hand. I find that it makes for a great blending tobacco, mixing it with some of the stronger blends in my house when the mood strikes for more taste than Buccaneer offers, but with a decent room aroma now added to the stronger blends.