After 42 attempts to create this blend, Tom has developed a complex mixture of various burleys, Virginias, toasted Cavendish, with a touch of Perique to produce an all day smoke that is sure to please you through the years.

BrandEdward's
ContentsBurley, Cavendish, Virginia, Perique
Strength
Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
3.7
Ducksbreath Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ducksbreath (81)
Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

...Just wanted to update this. Yes, there's more than enough strength here. Maybe I had a variant batch when I did the first review. A fantastic , full bodied semi aromatic burley/cav/perique blend. This is for the Blue Ridge from Mccraine's, btw, though they may be the same.

This is an interesting semi-aromatic with suprising complexity that is, apparantly, very addictive. I powered through 5-6 bowls in two days but eventually came away wanting more kick. This tastes stronger than it is, but a lot of people like that in a smoke, so I wouldn't hesitate to reccommend it. This is a natural/aromatic in which spice tobaccos play an important though supporting role, and the flavors evolve and change down the bowl keeping things always interesting. Almost ideal for an all day smoke. The only thing missing for me is punch.

I already reviewed this on the McCranies Brand. It is the same tobacco as far as I know. A terrific Burley-Cavendish-Virginnia mixture. It has a light scent that adds more to the aroma than to the taste. A good rich tobacco flavor and in my opinion, fairly strong in the nicotine dept. I have tried over 100 blends all over the vast spectrum of tobaccos. This one is in the top 15 of my personal favorites. It would rate in the top 3 Burley blends I have smoked. I found the moisture content just right as delivered and it burns clean with no re-lights necessary. I would love this in a flake so it would last longer!

7/8/2005: Too scented for my tastes now.

aadelma Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
aadelma (55)
Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Medium to Full Strong

This blend combines the 3 flavors which Edward's does best: Their uniquely spicy black cavendish, their sweet and lightly perfumed Virginia-based cavendish, and their solid burleys. The result is a surprisingly complex semi-aromatic. The flavor changes quite a bit throughout the bowl due to the different cuts and varieties of tobacco within the blend. I find this one of the easiest blends to pack, light, and keep lit due to the inclusion of plug-cut burley. It tends to burn a bit hot at first, but it then settles down to become simultaneously pleasantly sweet and pleasantly bitter, kind of like a good strong cup of coffee with sugar. As the bowl progresses, the aromatic quality dwindles and the strong, nutty burley flavor increasingly comes through, with just a hint of the sweet virginia to smooth it out. It threatens to become harsh towards the bottom of the bowl, but just when you think that will happen, the sweetness of the the Virginia cavendish kicks back in for a smooth finish. This is the favorite blend of 30 year veteran pipester Tom Young of Edward's of Denver. I can easily see why. Available from Edward's Pipe and Tobacco of Denver

Le'Pipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Le'Pipe (11)
Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

This tobacco has one of the most unique flavorings I have ever encountered in aromatic smokes. There is some sort of toasted black cherry followed by an amaretto-like vibe that creates a tantalizing combination of flavors. The tobaccos are well balanced and my guess is that the perique and toasted cavedish along with the added toppings assist in making this a "complex mixture". This is one of my all time favorite medium aromatic smokes. I'd have to say that this is one of the best tobacco finds I've come across in the last 2 years. Blue Ridge has become a staple in my rotation and everytime I light a bowl I know why.

DUPE.1512 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

Rich tobacco flavor and great room note. Strong nicotine hit though. One of the best Burley blends I have tried. Perfect moisture content, burns clean and re-lights are unnecessary.

chaplikc Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
chaplikc (135)

This is not a usual smoke for me but I do smoke it on occasion when im in the mood for a quality aromatic. This smokes cool and consistant and is more complex than alot of aromatics that i've had. I would recomend this to new pipe smokers or to people who like a little more complexity in an aromatic blend.

Strider Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Strider (7)
Medium to Strong Medium Full Pleasant

What can I say about this blend that the above reviewer hasn't already said? This is the first blend that I have ever purchased in bulk. I ordered a small bag from McCranie's and before I was half way through it I was ordering the large bag. (14 oz) I don't know why they don't just make it a pound. Anyhow this is a very smooth complex and full blend. Some may call this an aromatic blend; I would say semi aromatic. There is a lot of pure tobacco taste, and the amount of perique is just right. If you like Haddo's try this one. A little sweeter but full and strong.