A blend of rare Burleys and Virginias with a faint touch of Orientals. An all day smoke with a sweetness all of its own.

BrandEdward's
ContentsBurley, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia
Strength
Taste
2.6
Ryepipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ryepipe (19)

All day Shakespeare is as disasterous as all day sit com. This is a small cast with interesting characters, well produced and a good writer. If you like burley with smart casting this is a show you don't want to miss. This really is burley without bite that has just enough complexity and sweetness to keep interest. Moderate sipping reveals the full range where as unrestrained puffing turns the heat on.

LV9 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
LV9 (57)
Mild to Medium Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Mostly cube cut burleys and virginias; the clerk at my local Edwards says it contains latakia but I cannot taste it but probably adds to the smokiness of the blend, it takes a long time to dry out but it takes no effort to light; the taste that you get out of this one is oatmeal with chocolate but fear not this is not a aromatic the tobacco taste comes through this blend consistently and most importantly it does not gunk up the pipe the room note is not offensive it's definitely gear towards the burley smoker, it's a good crossover blend for the aromatic smoker; the most important test for me is if I would buy it again, and the answer is yes! but not enough to age it, i almost forget this one has perique although is not listed on the blend description and is only noticeable in the first light up.

Do yourself a favor, stop reading this and try it out you would not be disappointed if you are a burley smoker.

Talonr1701 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Talonr1701 (119)

I like the stuff.....It does take some drying out due to PG....But the flavor blossoms once its dry. the room note to me is like that money blessing incense...so others should like it.....The flavor is a nice, well behaved burley.....Burns clean...The important note here is to let it dry...else it can be goopy..... I like it, but am always hesitant to recomend any flavored blend...definatly try if possible before buying..... Else....Good Stuff.... :)

Brian Scherzer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Brian Scherzer (5)
Medium to Strong Mild Full Pleasant to Tolerable

Bishop Burley is a "mood" smoke for me. When I want a fuller taste than my usual "go-to" blends, Bishop Burley is my first choice. I tend to primarily smoke aromatics, which have little of the nutty taste found in this blend. The taste is not overpowering, but it certainly fills the bill when wanting something stronger than Blue Ridge, Buccaneer, Old Master, or Elizabethan Mix. I should note that this blend seems more dependent on the choice of pipe than some others. For some reason, in a Radice Hawkbill, this blend really gives a great smoke. I find it less enjoyable in taller bowls.

Stan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stan (135)
Medium to Strong Mild Full Tolerable

Another oldie but goodie from Edwards. I first smoke this nearly 34 years ago. Good for the range, the woods, the walk in the neighborhood even.

A famous (I say) full burley blend with a some virginia for sweetness and, believe it or not, a wee bit of chocolate essence (cc-g) for aroma. Not spray or oils, but just essence blending at its finest. Probably less chocolate than Bob's Chocolate Flake. But the overall flavor is constant. It does not degrade.

I don't know how rare the burley is, man, but it is rich, man, real rich. As rich almost as the burley in Cumberland.

The virginia and essence soften it some so you can smoke a few bowls.

A real manly taste treat. Full, rich, yet not overwhelming (unless you hate burley). Very good for a nutty burley type blend.

The aroma is strong despite the cc-g.

Is not wet and burns steady for me. I haven't tied it in a while, but why not order an 7 oz. pack today?

I bow my head in honor of Bishop Burley -- the blend only a high order deserves. Amen.

Mr. Dottle Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mr. Dottle (162)

A blend consisting of very dry cube and ribbon cut tobaccos. Despite its dryness, I found many relights were necessary. Cube cut tobaccos, for many, mean (many) relights. Although not unpleasant, I found the nutty taste of this tobacco not to my liking.

I rate this tobacco 5.0 out of 10.

chaplikc Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
chaplikc (135)
Medium to Strong Very Mild Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

Most of the edwards tobaccos I do not like as I find them usualy overcased and bitey. This however is one of the few exceptions and a very good exception at that! As described above this is mostly a burley blend but it does contain a little virginia and perique. The quality of the tobacco is good and I feel blended well. There are some subtle complexities to this blend that I enjoy. The main flavor is that of a good quality, nutty burley. There are hints of the light sweetness of the virginias and the perique is in the backround but is lightly detected. This generaly smokes cool, however it can be pressed to bite. A good blend for the burley fans.