Low nicotine, flue-cured leaf blended with White Burley. Fermented then remixed and allowed to settle and mature before packing. The result is a smooth, mild tobacco, cool smoking with a distinctive taste and aroma.

BrandDunhill
Blend TypeVirginia/Burley
Strength
Taste

3.7
Mr. Motoyoshi Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mr. Motoyoshi (14)
Mild None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant

I bought three Dunhill 50g tins. EMP, My Mixture 965 and the Ultra Mild. I wanted to get a nice spectrum of flavors.

This tobacco has a wonderful leaf presentation as soon as you open the tin. Smells very mild compared to the other Dunhill blends and smokes in a similar way.

I will say that straight out of the tin it's very moist. It would be a good idea to leave this out for a couple of minutes before you pack it. Once packed, it smokes wonderfully and just like the name indicates it's very mild. I don't think the "Ultra" is needed because you can definetly taste it, unlike some who said it had no flavor whatsoever. It burns to a very nice ash and the Burley helps keep the pipe on the cooler side during the smoke.

This is one of my favorite tobaccos to smoke at the end of the day. Especially if I've smoked a lot of Englsih blends and need something smooth to finish on before bed. This could be a good bridging tobacco for somemeone who is looking to get into VAs but just wants to test the waters.

Will most likely purchase again.

potam Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
potam (14)
Very Mild None Detected Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

If you are looking for the mild but tasty tobacco,this is it.You can taste pure tobacco sweetness with no irritation. I recommend this to be preserved moist,but of course,take care to not go moldy.

japanpipeman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
japanpipeman (8)
Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Tolerable

This was just the most boring smoke I could possibly imagine. Maybe my palate is just not refined enough for this, but I don't think I'll ever give it another try. Smells too much like cigarettes too.

Edit: Whatever I had came in a round tin, so it might not be what everyone else is reviewing. But the label was the same.

Boy do I miss this wonderful tobacco! The tin aroma is rich, deep and fruity. Fruity and sweet in a Virginia way, not a fruit topping. This tobacco is lightly topped, but I would not call it an aromatic. It has a unique flavor profile that I have not found in any other tobacco. I loved to smoke a bowl of this when taking a break from mm965 or EMP. Sadly I waited too long to try it as it isn't the type of blend I would normally seek out. The upcoming return of Dunhill to America appears to not include this wonderful blend. If you have never tried it,don't pass it up! Highly recommended!

terada Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
terada (3)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

compared to another Dunhill'sline this one is rather simple. but you'll be surprised richness of this one.

quite gentle taste so i felt as if smoking premium cigar. Montecristo ? taste.

bayro Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bayro (18)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Tobacco is "ready rubbed" - ie Flake tobacco and ready for smoking. When you open a can, feel the smell of dried figs and more of something - perhaps orange flowers or bark, mostly "Mediterranean" trick. This tobacco does not by what is "mild" tobacco, as its name suggests ... This is a superb blend of red Virginia and Burley that has gone through the process of double-frying - Cavendish process, and then squeezing in order to obtain "Flake" and eventually crushed and ready for smoking. Like all top tobaccos - develops its flavor from the very beginning to the end ... It provides a special - chocolate - hazelnut flavor with the aroma of figs constantly present in the background ... Of course, here there is no trace of any artificial flavoring - all natural, so it must be at the top of tobacco. Real "Englishman" - of course without Latakia ... Or for those less fortunate who have not had a chance to try - a bit like a Stoneheaven, only more intense aroma and flavor. It is a medium strong tobacco, but not baked tongue, but well, I am not there some parameter, with respect to the smoker internship.

bart_newbie Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bart_newbie (2)

What a sweet, flavorful, tasty smoke it is! It burns easily, generates beautiful clouds of sweet smoke and flavor, and an overwhelming sweetness is simply a pleasure. No harshness and tongue bite whatsoever, and at the same time no strong casing detected -- simply a delicious, mellow, sweet smoke. Smell a tin upon opening and you know you're in for a delicious dessert. Not as mild as one might think, simply medium in taste and strength.

Highly recommended, can be easily smoked all day with pleasure. Your wife may wish you smoked this more often.

Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

I've been writing here for quite a long time so those of you who have read my reviews know I like to give succinct descriptions of the blends. Well, here is another one. This, in flavor, is a cross between TROOST SLICES and PETERSON'S UNIVERSITY FLAKE. The best thing though is it lacks that horrid and overwhelming nicotine kick associated with European Burley blends. This has the best of all possible worlds. It is very flavorful, extremely cool , and has just enough nicotine to make the blend palatable. The room note is heavenly and the burn even. You cannot get bored with this blend. Although it is slightly monotone in character, it always satisfies.This is for the American who wants to try a really classy and excellent European blend, or the European looking for a non aromatic that doesn't bite like a junkyard dog.It is a tin of old- it states plainly- "MADE in the UK". This is not an outsourced German blend. It is the real thing- an English English blend.I was lucky enough to procure some, as it is now out of production. Sorry, I can't tell you where because the last tins will be mine :0)! If you find some ,get it! 4 of 4 non/slightly aromatic stars!!!

Puff Daddy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Puff Daddy (43)

I was finally able to build up enough quantity of this from the Murray days of Dunhill to try it. It's pretty sad that this isn't available anymore. As others have noted, the name itself is sort of misleading. While not a powerhouse, this is anything but boring. It burns supremely well, typical of Dunhill's blends. The aroma is just delicious. So is the flavor. The Burley really shines, and the VA is of very obvious quality and maturation. This is just a great blend, and again, the only word for its absence is sad.

Snowblind Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Snowblind (2)
Medium Very Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

I am very sad because this tobacco isn`t produced anymore. I bougt it last year upon reading reviews on this site. At first i didn`t like it because i didn`t smoke it correctly. After almost a year I re-discovered it and now I can tell you that it is superb. It has very interesting taste that I never found elsewhere. It is the best in small pipe and through slow puffing (at least for me). I am glad that I bougt it and it will surely be missed.

scootertrash Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
scootertrash (11)

I also tried this tobacco based on Pipestud's review. I usually avoid any "ultra mild" tobacco, so I never purchased this before when it was readily available on the tobacco shop shelves. Now it seems rather hard to find except on ebay at a very premium price, but I found one lone tin in a tobacco shop and bought it. Glad I did.

This is indeed a very good Virginia / Burley mixture. It is a ready rubbed tobacco with a few pieces of broken flake present. On smelling it I don't detect any added flavoring, just a natural tobacco scent. While smoking, Burley is the predominant taste with the added sweetness and tongue tingle (and I mean this favorably) from the Virginia. Smokes cool and dry leaving a light grey ash. I highly recommend this tobacco. It is an excellent high grade Virginia / Burley mixture. I will definitely buy more if I can find it at a reasonable price.

Jakob Kiilerich Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jakob Kiilerich (118)

I must thank Mr. Pipestud for making me try this one! Years ago i considered buying a tin, but the word "ultra mild" got me off the idea. I'm a nicotine lover, so i didn't give it a shot back then. Now this blend is discontinued in Denmark, and i haven't seen it on any online stores.

Well, I was lucky, and I won an auction on Ebay; 7 sealed tins, 10 years old with the vacuum still intact!! Boy am i glad i did! This wonderful burley/Va blend is a lovely and gentle smoke. And as always with Dunhill: Quality leaf!

The topping (very subtle) reminds me of that in Dunhill Light Flake, it packs and lights well, and doesn't bite me at all. It had enough nicotine to keep me satisfied, and i hope i'll be able to get some more. Watch it fellas, i'm gonna out-bid you!

Thanks for the inspiration, i've already orded a tin of Dunhill Mild Blend, and i am looking forward!!

Jakob Kiilerich, Denmark

This blend afforded me a terrific smoking experience last night and again this morning. What an outstanding presentation of Virginia and Burley! I am not sure how Dunhill managed this, but they sure created a surprise. The name of the blend is Ultra Mild, and is touted as low in nicotine. Compared to Royal Yacht perhaps, but this baby indeed delivered enough nicotine to knock out neophytes. I absolutely loved it!

Upon opening the tin, I smelled the Burley more than the Virginia. The tobacco is mostly rubbed out, but I rubbed it out even further before loading up. The blend, typical of Burley, was a tad on the dry side - perfect for my tastes!

At the match, Ultra Light announced itself as a predominantly Burley blend, but oh my, what a classy Burley it is. The Virginia element is complimental in this blend and provided a sensational added taste. If you like Burley at all, you will enjoy this simple, yet elegant example of why Dunhill tobaccos are among the best in the world. I must go now so that I can order another tin or two or ten for my cellar!