A classic style Medium Balkan Mixture prepared from rich stoved Virginia strip, Cyprian Latakia, lemon Carolina and the finest Greek Oriental tobaccos. This is very similar to the old Balkan Sobraine white. We believe you will find it to be exceptional in quality.

BrandStraus Tobacco
Blended ByStraus Brothers
ContentsOriental/Turkish, Virginia, Latakia
Strength
None Detected, Mild
Taste
Medium, Full
Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable

DWB Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DWB (4)
Mild to Medium None Detected Full Pleasant

Bought an ounce of this tobacco on the advice of the salesperson. I went in to purchase some 412 due to the favorable reviews on this site. He recommended this as a more robust version. Let me state that I am in no way an expert on English blends nor have I had the pleasure to smoke the original blend this was modeled after, but I do know what I enjoy when smoking my pipe and and I think I have found my first have to keep some blend.

Pouch aroma was nothing special. Pretty typical of other English type blends I have encountered. It is not bad by any stretch of the imagination, just nothing that says remarkable to me. Packed and lit typical to the style.

Smokiness and spice are at the front but do not overpower. A kiss of sweetness ties it all together. It offers no bite to me even when pushed, but a calm steady cadence is highly rewarded with more taste and a better marriage of the flavors. Nothing ever seems out of place. Everything is in order and no surprises. Pure tobacco taste and pleasure. Was consistent throughout the entire smoke and the pouch. I can not wait to get back to the shop and buy a much larger pouch!

Stutter818 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stutter818 (49)
Mild to Medium Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Wow I love this blend. It is extremely well balanced, smokey, slightly spicey, and a subtle sweetness that binds the flavours together. Nothing is overpowering or too dominant. I enjoy my English slightly sweet so this is up my ally. I really impressed with Straus Tobacconist's house blends - they really do a fine job. Their customer service is very good and shipping is fast. This can be an all day smoke if you like English blends.

Pipe Used: New MM Mark Twain - awesome pipe