Many a man considered his tobacco as good until he tried Gallaher's Two Flakes. We are willing to rest our whole case on the smoking qualities of Two Flakes. But remember, you must ask for Gallaher's Two Flakes. There are many ordinary tobaccos called Two Flakes which are not at all like Gallaher's.

Notes: Discontinued many years ago. Originally offered in three strengths: mild, medium, and full.

BrandGallaher Limited
PackagingTin 1 oz, 2 oz, 4 oz
CountryUnknown
Strength
Taste
Medium None Detected Medium to Full Very Pleasant

One of the finest (and no discontinued) Virginia Flake tobaccos I have ever had the pleasure of loading into my pipes. I am surprised this one has not had more reviews as it was all the rage in old issues of the Pipe Smoker's Ephemeris magazine. Story has it that an employee of Gallaher's was in the Macedonian region and discovered an already harvested crop of center cut Virginia leaf that had been sun curing for several years. Because the leaf had been cut into large squares and baled hat way, other blenders had shied away from it. But, this Gallaher's employee decided to sample some of it without any processing and was amazed at the smoothness and richness of the blend. So, Gallaher's bought it and had enough leaf to sell tins for several years before they ran out. It is reportedly called "Two Flakes" because the center cut leaf was so think, all that was needed was two leaves for each 50g tin. I do not know whether Gallaher's further cured the leaf or processed it in any special way. All I know is that it was simply outstanding. I still have one tin that I got off of eBay back in 2001, and I hope I get the courage to open it before I die.

Pipestud