Rich and aromatic blend with premium Burley and Black Cavendish.

Notes: This exquisite Aromatic blend of Premium Burley and Black Cavendish is worthy of the name Old Vienna. For quality is reflected in every puff with this triple blended and triple flavored masterpiece.

Blended ByCarl McCallister
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Burley
FlavoringCognac, Vanilla
Packaging1.5 oz tin.

Visit company website

Strength
Taste
2.2

The tobacco came a little damp, but I smoked it that way as well as after drying it out a little. The tin smells of vanilla and alcohol. I can believe it is cognac I am smelling.

Smoked, I got a slight chemical smell when I first llit. Either I got used to it or it burned off in the first 1/3 of the bowl. I tasted mostly vanilla black cavendish with a little burley to give it some body and beef up the strength. It was slightly sour in the last 1/3 of the bowl.

I think this blend would improve for me with some Virginia or a slightly sweeter topping. I can smoke it, but it does not punch any of my buttons.

A rich aromatic with a smooth vanilla and cognac tang. The burley undertones are just noticeable, but become a little more obvious when the tobacco has dried. They add slight earthy notes. The tobacco was a little moist when I opened the tin, but it did not hamper the burn rate or leave any goop at the bottom of the bowl. It's not a very complex blend, but it has a pleasingly sweet and consistent flavor that's between mild and medium in strength, and medium in taste. Smells as good as it tastes.

rekamepip Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rekamepip (63)
Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

Sutliff Private Stock Old Vienna

Burley and Black Cavendish

Tin Notes: The Tobacco has an appearance of nice cuts and rich colors (probably a half and half mixture) With a Nice Sweet Smelling Aroma and Good Moisture Content

Smoking: This is a good Aromatic tobacco blend. The tobaccos burned well in all of the pipes i smoked it in. Sweet Black Cavendish and a Vanilla ish' flavor additive over powered the burley factor ...

Room Note is GOOD !

People who regularly smoke Black Cav Blends may find this a good tobacco blend - but for me personally this was not to my liking

My 5 Star Rating = 2

Pipe Used: Corn Cob, Pipestone, Clay

Purchased From: sutliff

LaPipa Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
LaPipa (5)
Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

Tin: The Moisture content was good. Very pleasant scent also. The Smoke: The tin note does come through nice when smoked and is rich and very fragrant as the tin description states. I find this blend to be Medium overall in strength. It was along the lines of a typical Aro for me though, with not to many high points or subtleties to it. I find "Molto Dolce" to be a more complex and interesting and enjoyable blend. The first half bowl of Vienna was nice, but the last half went South a bit, for me anyway, becoming Bitey, and leaving my mouth Dry with a chalky taste and feel in my mouth, which I did not enjoy! Again, started out nice but eventually decreased in quality and enjoyment past the 1/2 bowl mark. I give this one only 2 stars only because of the nice aroma while smoking.

manxman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
manxman (13)
Mild Mild Medium Very Pleasant

I smoke a filtered pipe 99% of the time. I did like the taste and aroma of this a lot. It was just a little too mild for me. I inhale and was looking for a little more strength. I did use this to introduce someone to pipe smoking and he found it enjoyable. Smokingpipes.com has great prices on Sutliffe products.

Purchased From: Free sample from Sutliffe