Smooth & sweet mixture of Black Cavendish & rich Virginias.

Notes: An estate typifies elegance, vastness and wealth. Similarly this fine blend of four Black fire-cured tobaccos and Sweet Virginia portrays quality, depth, and rich flavor.

Blended ByCarl McCallister
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringPlum, Vanilla
Packaging1.5 oz tin
Mild Very Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

A very lightly topped Black Cavendish. Not much from the "Sweet Virginias". The plum in the topping is very light and fades in and out, mostly out. The vanilla is light, but always evident. It's almost like smoking a straight BC. I give it 2 stars because it does have some use as a blending component.

Mild in body. Very mild in flavoring. Mild to medium in flavor. Burns well.

Pipe Used: MM Diplomat 5th Ave, MM Patriot

Purchased From:

This is an good blend I can recommend. It presents as a mild black cavendish blend with a subtle vanilla note. There is enough Virginia to give it some depth and perhaps contribute a little to sweet in the profile. The sweet is not bright or tangy, but it is pleasant and present. The room note is friendly.

This is a mild blend and an easy smoke. I smoked three bowls of it in the office today while doing some work.

Marker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Marker (10)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

Smoked this in a large bent Rhodesian. The chamber is wide but not overly deep.

Right out of the tin I can light this tobacco and it burns well. I also tried drying it and it helped the light but didn't change the flavor.

The Cavendish is up front on this blend. A nice sweet taste mixed well with the Virginia sweetness. The room note was pleasant with a sweet vanilla hint. This is a much better option than a lane 1M or other vanilla heavy aros. It doesn't take as much drying, burns better and there is very little moisture at the bottom of the bowl when done.

Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

A smooth smoking mixture with a plum, fruit, and vanilla taste. I also sense a slight date note. The Virginia is downplayed by the other flavors, adding a very light hay note, and a slight natural sweetness, but I think it helps smooth out the black cavendish. A mild to medium blend that burns well, and is fairly sweet. It tastes just like it smells, and fills the room with a pleasant aroma. One of the smoother black cavendish blends on the market. It gets three stars because of that.

VellumWhite Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
VellumWhite (3)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This tobacco was gifted to me and I must say that I was nicely surprised, as I usually favour bigger English blends.I smoke Sutliffe's Country Estate in a Peterson Prince Churchwarden.It is a good match with its smaller bowl and length to dampen the slight bite from the Virginia.

The tin and room notes are strikingly similar, handsomely aromatic and very inviting.Generally, lot of Cavendish blends lack the depth and defintion that I am after.Not the case here-this one has it! I suspect that it comes from the blended Virginia, which also provides the fine centre palate,broad coating richness and pins down in the back as well.

This blend smokes well but will require a little drying first and overall, I recommend it. It keeps my interest and is sensibly done as Cavendish blends go, so I plan to keep it in my rotation.