Exceptionally mild and aromatic blend. Sweet and dark.

Notes: This appealing blend is unique in both appearance and flavor. Glossy all Black Cavendish is formulated to smoke mild and smooth from fire-curing and steam sweating.

Blended BySutliff Tobacco Company

Taste
rekamepip Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rekamepip (59)
Very Mild Very Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

**Note that this is really my 1st go around with an all Black Cavendish tobacco I Just wish i would have started this round of sampling by smoking this blend first as it now makes better sense to me as to what the components for some of their other blends really are.....

Black Swan:

Upon opening the Tin the aroma is sweet ( not an overpowering sweet smell but now i know what Black Cavendish really smells like )

The Tobacco is slightly a rough cut leaf Moisture content is a little wet right out of the can

When i smoked this tobacco from a freshly opened tin the smoke was smooth but produced a little to much steam

After I slightly dried this tobacco it burned nice and slow producing a light airy smoke. The taste of this Black Swan tobacco was rich was a very smooth. This type of tobacco meant to be enjoyed in a large bowl pipe that you can smoke for a long smoking session. Not much on the nicotine but.......

Room Note: VERY NICE

My 5 star rating: = 4 Good Quality Tobacco

Pipe Used: pipestone rock cob, dr g omega

Very Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

This is a straightforward basic black cavendish with a mild vanilla topping. I am not tasting the fruit or prunes others have. It is somewhat dense and moist as delivered. The 1.5 oz only takes half the tin. I did not dry it but smoked it as is.

I found this to be very mild and a pleasant aromatic smoke that does not overwhelm with added flavor. There is not much tobacco flavor here either, but it smokes clean and dry and has a nice room note. The last 1/4 of the bowl had a touch of sour.

This is an enjoyable smoke although unlike my usual fare. It is a nice change of pace, and I would not hesitate to recommend it to a beginner due to friendly smoking qualities and a pleasant room note. It is not fancy or complex, but it is an uncomplicated good.

Very Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

A very pleasant no frills mild black cavendish blend, though it may need a little drying time. It doesn't have a wide variance of flavors, but it does have an honest vanilla flavor supported by a very light fruit prune note, and the sense of eating sweet baked goods. The room note is so pleasing, your friends might start looking for where you hid the cake. If you want more subtlety of flavors, try Molto Dulce. But if you're looking for a working man's black cavendish blend with a consistent taste that doesn't have the chemical taste of the routine drug store BC's, this is worth trying.

X-Mil Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
X-Mil (4)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Very Mild Pleasant

Purchased this on a whim. Like the tin, not that it matters much... Upon opening the tin, I noted a heady sweet smell mixed with what a candy making factory might smell like. I kept getting a hint of cola. Black silky tobacco inside. It seemed heavy and oily/moist, so I left it open overnight. Not much difference in the morning...

I gave it a shot on my way to work, about 30 minute commute. I thought it lit easier than expected, caught notes of prune, toasted sugar, cola, maybe a hint of cinnamon, and a cookie bakery, silky in nature. Flavor was mild and hard to identify. caught some sweet burning tobacco flavor as it went on, but not much sweet taste. Had to light it a few times. Have yet to finish the bowl.

I would say that it is interesting and smoke-able, but one of the first thoughts that came to mind went to using this as an addition to a baccy I didn't think was too great, to even it / mellow it out.

Marcas Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Marcas (4)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant

This tobacco came to me by mail and was a free sample I sent for months earlier. When I opened the can I was struck by the smell of prunes or maybe figs. It was pleasant enough but I wasn't sold on its smoke-ability yet. The cut was short, the color black, and the consistency of the tobacco was silky. It felt and looked too moist to smoke trouble free, so I left the can open for about four hours before I gave it a try. Once loaded and lit the tobacco smoked cool and continued to have a fruity room note. I had to re-light often but I found it tolerable enough to smoke to the bottom. I'll smoke this again, but it will not go into normal rotation.