Semi bright Virginias with white Burley, and a pinch of honey flavour.

Notes: Paul Olsen's version of Rubbed Out Honeydew (yellow Orlik - now discontinued)

BrandPaul Olsen
Blended ByKlaus (manager of Vinspecialisten Aarhus)
PackagingTin, 100 Grams.
Strength
Strong
Taste
1.0
Jakob Kiilerich Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jakob Kiilerich (118)
Mild Strong Very Mild Tolerable

If you remember discontinued Rubbed Out Mild Honeydew from Orlik (the yellow one), this is Paul Olsen's version of it. I spoke with my local tobacconist, and he told me that the tobaccos and flavourings used, are the excact same as in the old pre-packed version. Plausible, since Paul Olsen is Orlik (ST-Group).

Nevertheless, this has absolutely nothing to do with the original whatsoever... Whereas RUMH had a rather pungent smell of honeydew melon, bright virginia and white burley, this "replica" is flavoured with ALOT of bergamot and something that would resemble the rather nauseating smell of warm beeswax.

As for the tobaccos used: Red virginias and barely detectable burley - if any at all. Nicotine level is even lower.

I do acknowledge that My Own Blend concoctions need to set for a few months, for flavours and tobaccos to mingle with each other. In this blend, the tobacco taste and the flavouring therefore seem to be separated when smoked. You can taste the flavouring, but cannot smell it in the room when smoked.

First step is to pour the contents out on a sheet of paper, to let the overpowering topping evaporate a bit. So I did, and my kitchen stank of synthetic Earl Grey tea. Next step is to leave it for a couple of months to see if the blend will be more harmonious. That I have not done yet, and so I shall be back whith an update in spring 2012.

I doubt it wil work, and I am not really sure why I 'll even bother, but hey, don't we all have a masochistic side to us? Anyway, if it won't work, I'll use it as airfreshener in my bathroom.

Strange, provocative and quite bad.

Jakob Kiilerich, Denmark