A classic blend of Ogden Tobaccos.
Distictive, fine leaf with Virginia & Burley
sweetened by a secret process.

Notes: A 50/50 blend of St. Bruno and Gold Block.

BrandOgden
ContentsBurley, Kentucky, Virginia
CountryUnknown
Strength
Taste

DrDyson Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DrDyson (113)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

When I tried Ogden's Mixture first, I didn't care for it much; I thought it spoiled the positive qualities of each of the component tobaccos. But, having bought four ounces (two each of Gold Block and St Bruno), I thought I might as well finish it. I left it in the jar for a few days, and then tried again. Gosh! What a difference! I still can't quite believe it. I now think - and I'm not given to exaggerating - that this is one of the finest smokes I've ever had. To me, it is absolutely outstanding in terms of flavour and duration, and I can't recommend it highly enough. Give it a try! An added bonus is that you can buy Gold Block and St Bruno in most B&Ms, so there need never be an availability problem (until they ban tobacco in the UK, at which point I shall shoot myself anyway).

I used St Bruno Ready Rubbed in the mixture; with slightly more trouble you could use St Bruno Flake, but I don't imagine it would make much, or any, difference. Two important tips: (1) don't smoke Ogden's Mixture immediately after mixing it; it's pretty poor then. Leave it in a jar for a few days to let the flavours get to know each other. If you're anything like me, you really will be amazed at the difference this makes. (2) smoke it very slowly; don't puff, or it'll burn you.

Alleluia: this really is an Arcadia mixture! You'll have to go a long way to find a better smoke than this.