Cock Robin is the title of an old English folk song. English is also the tenor of this ready rubbed mixture with lots of pressure fermented Virginia introducing a sweet base, and a little Latakia contributing a touch of smokiness. Smokes gentle and cool, with an unobtrusive room note of pure tobacco.

BrandDan Tobacco
Blended ByDan Tobacco
ContentsOriental/Turkish, Virginia
Packaging50g tin, 250g bulk
None Detected, Mild
Mild None Detected Medium Pleasant

This one came directly from my source in Frankfurt who i swap tobaccos with. He gets me blends I can't obtain over here and vise versa. I wanted Cock Robin for the tin art alone but got two tins because I've always been a sucker for trying new blends. I was sure this was an aromatic and was shocked when i popped the tin and discovered that its a light English, and not a bad one either. I enjoyed the whole tin in a matter of a few weeks. I preffered this one during the day as it was fairly light.

Short review here.

Tin note: very slight note of cherry, maybe some blackberry.

Leaf: ready-rubbed flake, long strands

Taste: medium to full -- lots of sweetness, with definite Turkish notes in there Smoking experience: uncomplicated, hardly any maintenance necessary; smokes cool (you can smoke it hot, but don't) and leaves no dottle to speak of

Strength: could be stronger, but is satisfying for the VA smoker

Overall verdict: Beautiful smoke, great because of the Orientals in there; the sauce I could do without. Cool, gentle, great taste, three and a half stars.