Black ribboned Virginias combined with lemon and orange flue cured Virginias. The taste of butterscotch. A delightful tin, pouch and room aroma. Full Aromatic.

BrandBufflehead
Blended ByDavid Windsor
Strength
Very Mild, Mild
Taste

Not long ago I read a post on an Internet Pipe Group that I am a member of and the post was a request from a member for a blend with Butterscotch flavoring. I couldn't answer because all I remembered is that I had smoked a really good one once. So, after perusing my notes for almost an hour, here it was; Black Bellied Tree Duck! I smoked it in 2002 from a pouch and the sample was quickly gone. The butterscotch flavoring was not real heavy but sure was evident and the accompanying Bright Virginia (had to have been misted with the butterscotch because I couldn't find any Cavendish, was delicious. Sure would be nice to find more of this stuff.

Adguru Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Adguru (20)
Very Mild Mild Mild Very Pleasant

Warning: I am an unabashed Winsorite. I have never found a Bufflehead blend that I didn't like to some degree. That said, this a very good aromatic. No goop, light flavoring, the VA are upfront and the main show here, the butterscotch smell is there and the room note is delightful, but the smoke is the flue cured VAs. Something to smoke when the wife has friends over, and you won't mind it a bit. All day smoke? No problem.