Rich Cyprian Latakia is blended with Virginia bright and red ribbon, and several different Turkish tobaccos including a generous amount of Smyrna which lends its unique flavor to this blend. Black and red cake Virginia's round out this blend and add a touch of sweetness on the finish.

BrandPark-Lane Tobacconist
Blended ByPaul Bonacquisti
Manufactured ByPark Lane
Contents Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia
Strength
None Detected, Extremely Mild
Taste
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Park-Lane No. 11 is my first encounter with Park Lane English blends and if they are all like #11 I can't wait to work my way through their large number of house blends.

I believe there are some blending McClelland tobaccos in this blend, but I enjoy this much more than many McClelland English's. I prefer to rub it out a bit and I find it to burn with few re-lights. No. 11 is almost "buttery" in its smoothness. I believe that this comes from the nice dose of Smyna to the blend. The flavor is somewhat complex and balenced. This would make an all day or early evening English blend. I generally like a bit more strength in the "N" department, but No. 11 is still Highly Recommended!

This is one of five blends in PL's English Sampler #3.

This is a very nice light to medium English. The wonderful Orientals lead here (just by a nose) with the Latakia and Virginias forming the base. There is an interplay between the Latakia and Virginias that is very appealing. Sweet vs salty, Smoky and woody vs fruity. It's captivating. As SteelCowboy said there is a smooth buttery quality that I'm sure is being provided by the Oriental component. I think the Latakia is also adding to the smoothness. It has a nice creaminess to it. All in all a great blend.

Pipe Used: MM General, MM Country Gentleman