My Special One. There are things in life we don‘t talk about. We prefer to enjoy them in silence. Doubtless, “My Special One“ is among them. One of the stronger Ready Rubbed Flakes, it concentrates on the essential and doesn‘t bother trying to shine with fashionable effects. Just plain and simple tobacco; no more, no less. It is a great, dark Virginia/Perique Broken blended with a little Darkfired Kentucky and Syrian Latakia, creating a not quite ordinary, sweetly earthy mixture. Just the right thing for a special kind of smoking pleasure.

BrandHU Tobacco
Taste

3.6
JimInks (1951)
Medium Very Mild Medium to Full Tolerable

The Virginias are mildly, naturally sweet and fairy earthy, and provides a solid base for the other components to bond. The perique is not strong, but its spice and dried raisin, fig taste is often noticeable, and plays well with the meaty, spicy, woodsy, lightly nutty dark fired Kentucky. The combined spice hit from perique and Kentucky is moderate, but you'll get it in every puff. The Cyprian latakia is a minor addition, but it pushes a little smokey, woody sweet base note. There's no topping, so you have a pure tobacco mixture with a bit of complexity. The nic-hit is a little past the mild level. No chance of bite or harshness. This ready rubbed flake burns at a reasonable pace, cool and clean with a mostly consistent flavor and a spicy after taste. Requires few relights, and leaves virtually no moisture in the bowl. Not quite an all day smoke.

Cypressandstar Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Cypressandstar (14)
Medium Mild Medium to Full Tolerable

I can only echo the previous reviewers:though I'm not a VaPer big fan,I must admit that this is a very special mix. Latakia is barely perceptible,while Perique is stronger but not so much. The smoke smell rich,complex and different from any other VaPer I've tasted. I have aired it an half hour before to smoke,once alight,it burn down to the end with no relight needed. Truly a great smoking experience.

Käpt`n Cook Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Käpt`n Cook (17)

United Passion - My Special One is another VAPER blend of HU-Tobacco It`s a middelbrown broken flake without any aromatisation. The "My Special One" burns very well. The taste is a bit sweet, but no as sweet as "Old Fredder`Broken Flake". The main difference is that the "Special One" contains kentucky and 5 percent latakia. The kentucky is always present and gives this blend a nice and spicy note. But the mean role plays the virginia and the perique, which are really well balanced. In the background you can`t taste the latakia, but I think in connection with the Kentucky gives the latakia this blend it`s nice and spicy taste. The "Special One" is not a usual VAPER blend, it is really a special blend with this delicious tobacco combination. I think `this blend is a temptation for natural lovers and everybody who likes a gently blended tobacco.

High recommended

smoking-rob Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smoking-rob (76)
Medium Extremely Mild Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

Well Hans, you have hit the nail on the head with this one! This is what you get when a lot of care and thinking goes into a blend. The appearance is that of a broken flake with some loose black strands of tobacco, the Kentucky and touch of Latakia (5% according to Hans) The flakes themselves are of the medium brown and well matured Vaper kind, but I believe Hans has gone easy on Perique in this one. It smells of deliciously pure tobacco but I have put "extremely mild" under flavoring because I think a very subtle sweetening might have been added to the leaf. Once lit, a very rich and harmonious, mainly Virginia smoke is experienced in which both the Kentucky and Latakia, as well as the Perique add spice, a little smokiness and interest, but stay in the background only. It all adds up to a delicious, pure smoke, that stays well lit and which will deeply satisfy you. Hans is a new force to be reckoned with and up there, if not above, the other established micro-blenders. Enjoy, Rob

Stefanos Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stefanos (110)

My review is based on a small sample I was gifted with which I smoked three bowls.

It seems to consist of mostly ready rubbed flakes of mixed cut. Contains tobaccos of all colors and I did not detect any added aroma. The moisture level of my sample was just right.

Mechanically it is a very well behaved tobacco which smokes cool, at a decent pace and does not leave and dottle.

The taste is medium but intriguing, unusual and quite complex and it gave me the feeling of being very natural tobacco taste. At times I seemed to taste more of the yeasty, tangy Virginias and other times the earthy and smoky Kentucky and a slightly cigar-like Burley. One thing My Special One is not is monochromatic. It’s not very sweet either; I’d say it plays on the savory side. Now as far as Latakia is concerned, I did not notice it in my first bowl but I realized that it had crumbled at the bottom of the little pouch and I might have failed to load any in my first bowl. Yet I did taste it on the two subsequent bowls. Still Latakia is lightly used and adds a leathery nuance to the blend. Perique on the other hand I could not taste.

Nicotine wise it quite satisfying without being strong - I don't think it's a particularly strong blend - and room note is tobaccoey, not pleasant for a non-smoker. Overall it’s a very good tobacco with elements from many styles of blends, at times it even tasted like a mild English. I wish I had more to smoke to understand it better. As it stands for me, it is at least a three star tobacco. Had I smoked more I might have liked it even more.