The balanced blend is composed of fine Virginia tobaccos and a premier sources carefully processed Black Cavendish. A powerful and well-balanced mix.

BrandOrlik Tobacco Company A/S
Blend TypeVirginia Based
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Virginia
Packaging50 gr TIN
None Detected, Mild
Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
SMOKETSES Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note

A surprise tobacco for me. Gift of my friend nektarios while I was in Lithuania.

It must be a tobacco with history, judging by the dozens of old tins circulating on the internet by collectors.

It is very easily smoked, something that helps it become an all-day smoke. This doesn't mean that it is a mild smoke. Probably heavy I would say.

Virginia and Black Cavendish are its ingredients. But personally I think it also contains a small portion of Burley, adding body to the tobacco. I suspect it from a bitterness that is left at the end. The aftertaste has nothing worth mentioning

The room note is neutral.

This review is based on a sample of the 1930s version, which I had the good fortune to try. I post it for historical reasons. Thought the Orlik version does not mention burley, it is certainly in this ancient manufacture.

The burley is a little nutty and toasty. The Virginia is earthy, lightly sweet with earth and grass notes, and a mild tanginess. The unsweetened black cavendish has only a slight effect on the smoke, and I suspect it has lost more from aging than the other components have. The Virginia has the characteristics of full maturity in strength and taste, more so than the burley does, and often takes the lead, though I usually notice the burley more early in the proceeding. Fairly smooth and mild to medium in strength and taste with a moderate nic-hit. It’s a shag cut that burns a little slower than your average shag, hardly requiring any relights. There are a few cigarette/cigar notes after the half way point, though they are less obvious if you puff slowly, which produced better results for me when I did. Leaves nothing but ash at the finish. Could pass for an all day smoke.