A fragrant blend with the flavor of exotic fruit and a hint of Bourbon vanilla. Golden Virginia Grades with a high grade of aromatic sweetness is used for this tobacco. It is matured for several weeks with an especially mellow Black Cavendish.

BrandJohn Aylesbury
ContentsVirginia, Black Cavendish
Packaging100g tin
CountryUnknown
Strength
Mild to Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
Mild to Medium, Medium to Full
Very Pleasant, Tolerable
2.5
Dov of the Galilee Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dov of the Galilee (22)
Medium to Strong Medium Medium to Full Tolerable

I bought this blend for the tin and because I thought that the description was something I might like. The tin itself is durable with a really good seal but the label is sadly enough affixed where it is easily ripped off. Had they painted it on like the Special Reserve tins from Peterson I would have been well pleased with it but it's not. The tobacco itself is pleasant to smell in its raw form. To smoke it gives me the sense of puffing on a cigarette and that's not what I want from an aromatic. I'd say that from tin to light up there's a great transformation and not a good one at that! Oddly it's quite hard to procure perhaps because it comes from Europe.

flakey Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
flakey (43)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

The first thing I liked about Summerhill was the price: a 100g tin for under $10 USD, hey. The tin resembles a can of Sterno -inset friction fit metal lid that requires a tool to open. Upon popping it, I was greeted first with the scent of alcohol, then the scent of rich chocolate... hmm, not quite what I expected from a tin with a toucan on it.

The cut is very coarse compared to every other aro I've ever seen. It seems to pack and burn well enough. Once alight the taste is of coconut and chocolate, I mean it tastes like a Mounds bar. A Mounds bar soaked in rum. It does seem to lose some flavoring about mid-bowl. Oh, the flavoring never totally disappears, but past mid-bowl you begin to taste more of the tobacco, which is just fine by me. The tobacco itself seems to be of respectable quality.

Bonus: Summerhill seems hesitant to bite, even when I start to pump it a bit. I get the feeling that it certainly has the ability to bite, but that I would have to be pushing it, trying to make it bite as opposed to normal, natural smoking for it to do so. 3 stars.