Pure Tobacco taste with a hint of tar flavor.

BrandPhilip Morris
Taste
2.0
Prior Wrath Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Prior Wrath (6)

I'd like to start by stating that very few things told here about this weed are completely and utterly misguided. Black cavendish? Get out! Alcohol/Liquor? Get out! Really? Has the person who wrote that dung ever actually tasted this?

Kilta used to be a great tobacco. I bought my first pouch back in 1978 when it was still made by Rettig company. Back then it was a ready rubbed virginia-burley with a tiny touch of latakia and a little bit of that fresh wood tar flavoring all Finns learn to love before their first birthday. After the brand was sold to frenchies the manufacturing was moved away from Pietarsaari, and everything went to hell. The cut got thinner and the whole recipe was altered to match an average rolling tobacco. It still had a bit of that lovely tar flavor to redeem though.

Today I bought a pouch of Kilta, and I must say I'm deeply saddened. The cut has been updated to even finer shag, and there's nothing to make a distinction between nowadays Kilta and Pall Mall rolling tobacco. I'm not even going to put this in my pipe, but I will gift this to a friend who smokes paper.

R.I.P Kilta. You were a dear friend for years, now you are no more. I gave two stars because of its glorious history, but today this can't be considered as a pipe tobacco at all.