A quality blend consisting of milder Virginia tobaccos, some air-cured Burley and fine Oriental tobaccos.

Notes: This comes in 2 cuts - a fine ribbon (in bulk) for pipe, and a fine shag (in pouch) for RYO.

BrandPeter Stokkebye
Blended ByPeter Stokkebye
Blend TypeVirginia/Burley
ContentsBurley, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia
CutShag
Strength
None Detected, Extremely Mild, Very Mild
Taste
Very Mild, Mild
Pleasant, Tolerable

2.6
Mild None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This is a thin ribbon that comes fairly dry. I found it to be a mellow Virginia with just enough orientals to keep it interesting and enough burley to give it some body. This is a very impressive smoke - especially at the price. This is a solid three that may be a four by the time I am done with this 8 oz bag. If you want to try a mild VaBur with some oriental spice, you owe it to yourself to try this. I smoked this in a pipe BTW, although some of the other reviewers are treating this as a cigarette tobacco.

Mild Extremely Mild Medium Tolerable

This blend works best for RYO cigarette especially when inhaled, it is mild, smooth tasty and creamy(as cigarette) however, if smoked as a pipe tobacco it is bland and tasteless.

"JY" Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
"JY" (8)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Tolerable

Sold as pipe tobacco, reviewing as RYO/MYO cigarettte tobacco. Bag aroma is impressive, dominated by topping, makes me want to eat it. Flavor bomb with near perfect balance. Almost no aftertaste, extremley well done. Flavor best decribed as plain old homemade brownies with walnuts. For me, best served fresh with maximum moisture as supplied. If left to dry out, the flavor fades, starts to become coarse/woody/veggie like. Good value. Much credit to the mfg, my favorite combination of forward topping flavor and extremely well balanced virginia/burley/oriental blending.

Edited 5/23/12: Smoking my third lb from two sources. Consistancy has been very good. I only stuff/roll/smoke one at a time. Stuffs poorly because of the moisture level. Worth the effort! Will not smoke if cigs sit around or tobacco drys out, flavor always fades and always developes the woody/veggie taste. Volatile flavorings? Served fresh as possible, still fantastic/favorite RYO/MYO smoke. Four stars!

PS - When not inhaled, almost no flavor. Can see why not the greatest pipe smoke.

WillardFan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
WillardFan (68)
Mild Very Mild Very Mild Tolerable

I ordered this online, labled as PS #80, and a Norwegian Blend. Reminds me of ryo cigg tobacco. A salty taste, not much dimension to this blend. I didn't detect the orientals which it claims to have in the mix. I'm glad that I only purchased a sampler ounce of this stuff. To me it was akin to a Camel non-filtered ciggarette.

zwolanek Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
zwolanek (18)
Mild None Detected Very Mild Pleasant

I agree with TKPipe and Kilmarnock Piper - this is a one dimensional mostly-Virginia blend that is not bad, but not great. It lights and burns really well and offers no heat or tongue bite issues. If there's a casing, I missed it. I'll probably keep some around for the nicotine hit, but it isn't a contemplative smoke.

TK Pipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TK Pipe (101)
Very Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant

PS Norwegian … This tobacco is straight medium brown in color, and is cut into fine longish strands. My guess this stuff would probably make a pretty good RYO cigarette tobacco, but IMO made a oh-hum pipe tobacco. Very mild, burns fast, (but cool) can easily be over packed, gave me a slight throat irrational and in my opinion, not much flavor. Not that this stuff is horrible, it does have it' own character that some may enjoy, but personally, I find PSN lacking in too many areas that I enjoy in my blends.

Mild Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant

One can get this tobacco and its kin for $20 a pound. It used to be marketed as a RYO, but has been redone as a fine cut, "multi-purpose" blend. There are certainly better pipe tobaccos by Stokkebye and other blenders, but what a value! I plan to try all of these. Lilbrown is the place to get them. The Norwegian is not elegant, and is sort of like a Euro Half & Half. It is good for blending, but I can enjoy it straight as well. Will I smoke it every day when I have the Luxury Flakes, SG/GH and McClelland around? No, but happy to have some in reserve.