Premium blend, plentyfully rich in Latakia

BrandErinmore
Blended ByOrlik
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia
Packaging50grms tin
Strength
Taste
Tolerable to Strong
2.7

What a nice surprise! Usually the name Erinmore is associated with the awful Mixture and to the interesting but ultra-flavored Flake, but this is a very different blend.

Supposedly stronger in Latakia than the Erinmore Balkan (which I haven't tried), it actually reminds me of the last incarnations of Balkan Sobranie Original Mixture.

Very intense latakia, very flavorful, a good blend which is clean, tasty and satisfying. Easy to load and light, good burning behaviour (also thanks to its low level of moisture), for an easy smoke.

Sure, it doesn't have a very juicy body, a nice sweetness or creamy complexity like the great Latakia mixtures from the past had... and it certainly isn't as rich and refined as the best GLPease offerings or Commonwealth. But compared to many other weak Latakia offerings, at least this one is a good approximation of how a stout Latakia offering should taste.

A good blend, with no bad surprises. Neither it has great surprises of twists of originality or excellence, but I could see myself smoking this one regularly and with satisfaction.

Skando Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Skando (155)
Mild to Medium None Detected Medium to Full Tolerable to Strong

Well, after the Balkan Mixture, also this new Latakia Supreme met my appreciation.

As the name suggests, this is more toward the black weed, than the Orientals. Bit milder in strength than the EBM, the flavour is focused on the smoky/citrusy factors coming from the darker part of the blend (Latakia, Virginias and some unflavoured Black Cavendish of the like of Provost's I guess) the lighter ones remaining in the back seat. Not sweet, nor creamy, and bit sharp but in a pleasant way, it retains the same good burning qualities of EBM.

Nice blend, three stars.

christausky Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
christausky (2)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Strong

Surprisingly no one gives a full 4 star to this beauty. Reviewing a tobacco I guess is totally subjective. So here is my background of smoking: Smoked cigs for almost 20 years (but never like the smell,only for the sick of nicotine). After that I like to RYO,mainly Mac Baren Original. In between I smoke some fine Cuban cigars (but time & place is always a problem. Prefer indoor with air conditioner since I stay in tropical area,but very difficult to find a place nowadays). Finally I tried on pipe smoking and fell in love months ago. So far on my pipe table I have 20+ different tobacco, aromatic & Virginia & Burley & English blend (with Latakia). Now I can say I like Latakia much more than any others. Straight Virginia would be the second. Ok, back to Erinmore Latakia Supreme, it is my latest phurase of tobacco. Before this, I bought and tired English Blend as following: Dunhill Night Cap & MM965, Frog Morton Original & Cellar, Samuel Gawith Commonwealth & Balakan Flake, Rattray Red Rapparee,Savinelli English Mixture. After all these mostly very famous and reputable tobacco, I find out I am a Latakia lover, Enrinmore makes me feel to grab it every day and every bowl. Even the day is for my Aromatic or Virginia or Burley pipes, I will roll a cig with full Erinmore Latakia Supreme. Smoking this tobacco makes me feel I am drinking pure full milk from Newzland. The thickness,the smothness,the mildness of the smoke is totally amazing. I read a lot reviews here about the toobacco I mentioned above, but none of them whatever they are Night Cap,Frog Morton... can be par with this truly shinning beauty. I LOVE IT! But I am aware I cant depends on 1 tobacco only. So sencod to Erinmore Latakia Supreme, I will back up with SG Commonwealth and Frog Morton Original. Ok, the room note is too strong and harsh for my lady even though she likes a RYO or cig once a while. Yeah, that's it. Sorry I have no ability to tell you that all kinds of flavours and notes at first half of bowl, middle of the bowls, end of bowl. For this great forum, I appreciate so many detailed inputs for so many tobacco, thank you very much! As always, the above is ONLY my subjective review.

Pipe Used: Peterson System Standard 303 & 317,Iceberg BOW

Age When Smoked: Fresh from the tin purchased

Purchased From: Local

Similar Blends: SG Commonwealth.

krg1000 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
krg1000 (139)

I was not really expecting anything going into this tin. You never know what something is like until you give it a shot. With that being said, this is really not a bad blend. I agree with the below reviewer that there seems to be something that is lacking here, just can't put my finger on it. All in all, it seems to be a nice blend, it is missing something that would give it that extra oomph to get it to the next level. The tobacco seems of decent quality. The moisture level right out of the tin is just right for me. There was no need for extra time for drying. It lights easily and stays lit for the whole pipe. I would recommend this for one new to this type of blend to give them a feel for what to expect with better blends.

CoolPilot Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CoolPilot (66)

Well this mixture is flat. Something is missing. While I enjoy the Balkan Mixture by Erinmore, this one does not meet my expectations. Simply an empty smoke for me, with a weak taste and too weak strength. The "supreme" is exaggerated. But the quality overall is good as usual in erinmode, tobacco is easy to light and burns perfectly. I would give it 2.5 stars, by now I rate it a solid 2.

kanular Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
kanular (8)
Strong None Detected Full Tolerable to Strong

Well, i came recently to latakia and apreciate a lot the SG Balkan Flake. I wanted to go further in the latakia taste. I think i will keep this latakia supreme of Erinmore for the days when i want to complain to remember that life is not so hard compare to it. Enjoy, peace.

Steden Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Steden (86)
Mild to Medium None Detected Medium Tolerable to Strong

ELS is a very pleasant blend, not a masterpiece but a good English with a traditional tin smell, quite dark in colour and with a cut thinner than usual, so it burns very well but (keep in mind) faster becoming hot, smoke it properly and you can turn bites in to a small tingle. ELS is not much strong nor bodied but it's flavourful, brisk and bracing; taste is dry, clean, smoky. Elegant indeed