The aroma and taste of Amaretto. Enjoyable to the palate. A light bodied mixture of American Virginia and black cavendish. Medium Aromatic.

BrandBufflehead
Blended ByDavid Windsor
ContentsVirginia, Black Cavendish
FlavoringAmaretto
Strength
Very Mild, Mild to Medium
Mild to Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
Very Mild, Mild to Medium
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
DUPE.1512 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note

I got this as part of my first order from Bufflehead (which was 5 different blends) and I want to start by saying the packaging was very professional. It also included a thank you note from David Windsor and a free sample of Masked Duck was also included. The quality packaging and gestures of appreciation to the customer really adds to the experience of David's great blends.

I will admit that even though I prefer medium to full English blends with Latikia, I'm also a big fan of quality Cavendish and VA aromatics. This is a true medium aromatic. As soon as I opened the bag, it grabbed my attention. Very dark black & chocolate brown in color, it's aroma is that of a fresh roasted coffee with just a subtle hint of Amaretto. Its just a tad moist, but has no problems being smoked right out of the bag.

The flavor is of tobacco and exactly like it's in bag aroma. Consistant all the way to the bottom of the bowl. Warm, smooth and pleasing like a good cup of coffee. Mayorga's Sumatra Manheling with just a touch of amaretto cream added to it is my favorite coffee and Red throated loon tastes just like it. My wife best described the room note when she stated, "It smells just like Manheling tastes." I cant help but give this blend 4 out of 4 stars!

Very Mild Medium to Strong Very Mild Very Pleasant

Because I had heard that Red Throated Loon was the only "enhanced" Bufflehead blend - I don't know if that's true - I decided to get a tin way back in 2003 or 2004 but never tried it until just a few weeks ago. The Virginia aged well and the black Cavendish sure held the Amaretto spirits without much loss of flavoring - either that or it was overwhelming fresh because I got a blast and a half a decade later. Not at all what I gravitate towards under ordinary circumstances. While I did not like this blend I give it a good grade for what it was and amaretto fans would appreciate it - I think.

Pipestud