A delightful blend of Rich Burleys, Tangy Virginias and the world famous Green River black Cavendish. Expertly created by master blenders, this exceptional blend is extremely mild, yet still satisfying.

BrandBackwoods
Packaging1.5 OZ pouch
Strength
Very Mild, Mild
Taste
Mild, Medium to Full
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
2.5
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

The black and golden cavendish provide some vanilla and a touch of honey. The topping is a mild vanilla and caramel, though they sublimate much of the tobacco taste. The flavor is fairly pleasant and comfortably smooth and creamy, but doesn't stand out much. Has a very mild nic-hit. Won't bite or get harsh. Needs a bit of dry time, and will still leave some moisture in your bowl due to the amount of PG used. Burns fairly cool at a moderate pace, but will require some few relights. Nice room note. Okay for a mindless all day smoke.

Toasterbottom Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Toasterbottom (13)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

Okay, so it's not a very sophisticated tobacco and you won't find subtle, changing layers of flavour here, but it's consistently flavourful to the end and I really like it! Mind you, I'm not a terribly sophisticated pipe smoker. And I'm not sure that I actually taste any tobacco, either. It's like smoking a dessert! There's a sweet vanilla and honey taste to it and the smoke seems almost ... sticky sweet like honey. Some people might find it cloying. I bought some on a lark at my local BM while picking up my first Missouri Meerschaum pipe (the "Legend") and I've decided that this is all I'm going to smoke in the corncob. And, frankly, I'd be careful about putting this stuff in your favourite and/or expensive briar because it's going to ghost the pipe. I guarantee it. The guy who runs the store where I bought this tobacco seemed almost confused by my choice (as he was the purchase of the corncob pipe) but I think of it like a simple, guilty pleasure akin to drinking a Dr. Pepper. :)

Update: can't find this stuff anywhere online, which means I've got to buy it at the B&M where I live and pay stupid money for it. Yet, after getting through half a pouch, I think I'll buy it again. Though, just to keep things in perspective, I wouldn't call this my favourite tobacco by any stretch. It's just a fun alternative.

Pipe Used: Missouri Meerschaum Legend

Purchased From: Red Smoke 824 Danforth Avenue, Toronto, ON M4J 1L6 (647) 351-2332 www.redsmoke.ca