Mild black and golden cavendish blend.

BrandTobacco Lane
2.0
Brown Pipeman 1940 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Brown Pipeman 1940 (40)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

I enjoy Tobacco Lane blends - obviously, since I'm the one who added them to this website, and have been submitting and reviewing all their blends! But much like Boswells or Dunhill or any other brand, not all blends they make will give a memorable smoke. This blend is one of those.

The blend looks just like it is described: black cavendish mixed with the golden. It smells pleasant in the bag, lights easily, smokes cooly, and burns to a gray ash with little or no scraps at the bottom of the bowl.

The problem is the cherry and vanilla flavors are not all that noticeable. You can detect them, but they are too subtle; and what you do detect is too artificial for me. I want to taste the tobaccos, along with flavoring, but this blend's flavoring overwhelms the tobaccos, while not really rewarding you with a strong taste of vanilla or cherry. Now I know I would like it even less if all I tasted was the overly sweet, Life-saver type sweetness you receive in a lot of cheap blends; but that just goes to show this blend needs some work.