Cool smoking, even burning without the bite!

Notes: Dream Castle/Super Value pipe tobaccos are manufactured by Sutliff Tobacco Company.

BrandDream Castle Tobacco Company

Taste
2.0
flakey Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
flakey (43)

Decent, cheap tobacco. Taste- and smell-wise it was very mild. The whiskey was not overdone, but had a kind of slightly soapy, floral sort of flavor, which was fine by me. Room note was pleasant enough. The burn never really got too hot and bite was minimal to none... and I know there were times I was chugging away at this stuff. I seem to remember this tobacco leaving a bit of dottle although this may have been my fault as much as the tobacco's. As far as I could tell, this tobacco did not foul my pipe or goop up the bowl, and it didn't seem to ghost much either. Pretty mild stuff. No complexity obviously and not really a whole lot of flavor this way or that either... just mild and inoffensive, cavendish tobacco taste with some whiskey. I'm going to recommend (at 2 stars) this tobacco , based on it's value and relative lack of negative qualities -- with the caveat that if you are a fine tobacco connoisseur, you will not be impressed. But, if you are looking for a cheap, mild daily driver , this would definitely be worth a try IMHO.

gryf Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gryf (2)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

A little bit on the goopy side. but if dried is a pleasant chance of pace, not to strong a whiskey flavor. Decent for the price. Update.. still leaves a nasty goop at the bottom of your bowl. even after dried.

I bought it because I once smoked a whiskey blend as a change of pace, and this is sold at a cheap price. I sure hated the first couple of bowls I smoked. Overly sweet, overly moist, and maybe a little goopy. I put it away and every so often over the last 5+ years, I've smoked a bowl to see how it's doing. At this point, it's mellowed a bit and the casing is much less stronger than it was the day I bought it - and no goopy, wet bottom of the bowl. As it stands after all this time, it's a decent relaxing sweet change of pace smoke. Some say this type doesn't age much or at all, but I beg to differ after this experience. I tend to prefer stronger smokes, usually Virginias, VaPers, and English blends, but as an occasional smoke, this does all right. And it doesn't bite either! If you buy it, let it age, and dry it some. You'll like better that way.

Bjorn Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bjorn (4)

This is a decent Tobacco for the money lights well packs well and has a mild taste that doesn't bite your tongue like some of the pipe tobacco I have tried

Steve Sanders Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Steve Sanders (2)

This is some nice tobacco for around $14 for 12 oz. It burns well, has delicious taste and smell. People often say "Your smoke smells delicious, not like that disgusting cigarette smoker standing right next to us." I recommend you stuff some of this into your pipe hole.