Dark in colour. Lovely aroma. Gentle taste.

BrandGallaher Limited
Blended ByGallaher Limited
FlavoringFloral Essences
CutPlug
Packaging25g Wrapped
Strength
Medium to Strong, Strong
Taste
Full

Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

This is the same as the long flake and ready rubbed with two exceptions. The sweet flavors here seem subtly more pronounced and fermented than they are in the other cuts. The floralness is very slightly less obvious. And while I gave this the same strength and taste ratings as the others, I'd say this just a tad less so in both departments, though that may be because I get a slight more smoothness here. The differences are minor, but I notice them. Therefore, the rest of this review is essentially a duplicate of the Long Flake version, though the plug may need more relights.

The flavor of the Virginia is mostly hidden, though I do get some earth and a hint of grass from it. The topping is a little perfumy and soapy, and definitely floral. I get some dark fruitiness (slightly tangy) which may come from either the topping or the tobacco; it's a little hard to decide which, but perhaps it's from both. I sense a little citrus, too. There’s a slight sharpness to it that I associate with burley, so perhaps a little is present? Has a nice nic-hit. Not as overwhelming as I had expected, which is a plus, but I consider this to be more for an experienced smoker. Fully flavored, burns slow with a consistent taste, which is more of an acquired one for many smokers. Leaves no moisture or dottle. May require more relights than the other versions, depending upon how you prepare the flake. It's not an all day smoke, but if this fits your flavor profile, repetition will enter your mind. Will ghost a pipe fast, so be prepared to either dedicate a briar or a cob to it. I suggest trying it out in a meer first.

Fofo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Fofo (81)
Medium Strong Full Tolerable

Condor Plug, same as any other Condor but in plug form. Nice and tasty. Perfumy, floral, and sweet at first. Casing vanishes about half way thru the bowl (though not completely) and leaves you with a nice Virginia glow, with a hint of leather.

Enough nicotine to satisfy. Does ghost a pipe fiercely, so try it in a corn cob pipe before smoking in a briar.

Oh, and I don't know who the crack head/meth addict is who writes descriptions on this site, but it is NOT a plug of latakia.

Medium to Strong Medium Full Pleasant

I recently had a customer send me a lot of the small 25g pouches of Condor Plug to sell and I had to buy one for myself as I'd never tried it. Boy, is it a bugger to prepare. The wad of plug is dense and required a lot of shaving to get the proper amount of leaf required for a bowl in my pipe. Unlike some of the other reviewers, I did not find this one to be overly moist or gooey. Perhaps because of all the age, the contents moisture meter was on the low side of the middle. Strong Virginia flavor with a definitive floral casing that enhanced the presentation. My pipe must have really loved this tobacco because it has retained the smell of the leaf despite a couple of months of just sitting dormant.

Pipestud

hawky454 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
hawky454 (70)
Strong Medium to Strong Full Very Pleasant

Ahhhhhh... what can I say about Condor Plug? You ain't lived until you've had it and you ain't really had Condor until you've had it in plug form. Sure it's similar in flavor to the Long Cut & Ready Rubbed but you also get flavors from the dense plug that you just can't get from other cuts, it's the perfect form of tobacco and I wish we would see more hit the market but I'm afraid the opposite is happening... Plugs are disappearing from the market. In this "quick fix" age we live in, it seems most people can't be troubled with plugs, it's a crying shame. This is an all day smoke for me and the nicotine level is just above medium so it's incredibly satisfying on all fronts. The flavoring is just as strong as it is on the Long Cut but it's not as heavy handed as the Ready Rubbed. I slice a few flakes off, rub them out and let them dry for no more than 15 minutes, this is one of the few tobaccos I like to smoke with a decent amount of moisture. I'm putting this review under both the Bar and Plug listings as there is no difference and I'm not sure why there are two listings for the same tobacco. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go slice a few flakes off my plug.

ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL!!!

Pipe Used: Stanwell

buroak Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
buroak (16)
Medium to Strong Strong Full Pleasant

Describing the flavor of Condor in any great detail is difficult to do. Condor is a unique, complex, and mysterious blend. Soap, flowers, perfume are commonly used descriptors, and I, too, find them applicable. I also pick up some grassiness and dark, tangy fruit from the Virginias, though this part of the experience mainly comes through during the back end of the retrohale. The smoke is smooth, creamy, and cool. I expected more spice (there is some), but I am happy here with the smoothness, as it balances the power of the topping.

In terms of nicotine content this blend is near strong. The taste experience is full. This blend has never given me any harshness or bite. Preparation takes some time. I find that slicing off thin flakes and breaking them up a bit works best. This does require more relights than my usual high average.

I strongly recommend Condor Plug. That said, the Condor I have smoked predates the shift in production away from the Ballymena Gallaher's factory. I have heard that the flavor of Condor has changed somewhat in the current production. When I have smoked fresh Condor I will update my review.

Medium to Strong Very Strong Full Pleasant to Tolerable

Gallaher - Condor Plug.

Once the cellophane wrapping is removed a very dark and dense plug is revealed. Because of the density it's also trapped too much moisture inside; this makes itself apparent when I begin slicing the plug. Although it's quite firm once some sheets of tobacco have been sliced from the plug they're relatively easy to rub to a good smoking consistency. The smell is floral with a slight smokiness in the background.

I'm impressed with how easy this takes to lighting. Sometimes I find plug tobaccos can be tricky to ignite due to them still being left too rugged and lumpy after prep' but this has reached the form of a rubbed out flake enabling it to light with the same simplicity of a good flake and then it keeps burning well for the whole duration of the smoke.

The main taste I get is a floral one. This floral attribute gets stronger as the smoke goes on; it seems to be most floral tasting out of all the Condor tobacco's I've had. Sadly, for me, this flavour covers most of the natural tobacco tastes.

Nicotine is roughly the same as the ready rubbed green Condor.

I enjoy the flake and ready rubbed versions but I find this one too floral for my tastes. Sadly, not recommended.

One star.