A very cool burning mixture. Perfect for a hot burning pipe, outdoor smoking or the fast paced smoker.

BrandDavidoff
Blended ByOrlik Tobacco Company
Manufactured ByOrlik Tobacco Company
ContentsCavendish, Virginia
Strength
Taste
Very Mild, Mild
2.1
Extremely Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Pleasant

If you are looking for an aromatic that will absolutely have no bite and is slow burning this is it. The problem is it comes at a price, almost no flavor. I checked several times to make sure I had this stuff lit it is so mild. Cool is the perfect name for this blend. It does have a subtle slightly sweet flavor of the base VA in it and if you really concentrate on it a touch of vanilla. In the tin very classy tin, one of the rectangle ones, it has a slightly sweet very pleasant aroma. it is a thin ribbon cut of black cavendish and orange tinted brown and it is a bit moist. But not to worry, it loads just fine and burns quite well too. It burned down to the bottom of my pipe, never picking up strength and no moisture to a fine gray ash and just a touch of dottle. This would be one I would smoke if I had a touch of tongue bite or rawness as no matter how I tried I could not make it bite at all. I had it roaring in my pipe to which I got scared I would crack my bowl, but no bite at all.

KahveDelisi Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
KahveDelisi (52)
Very Mild Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant to Tolerable

the most "boring" tobacco I've ever smoked. the guy at the tobacco shop swore by it, now whenever I see the tin I swear to it.

seriously it's "boring" in every aspect. If you insist trying a tin out, then I advice doing it with a friend or two. that way you'll be able to share a tin and lose less money...or maybe you'll like it and buy more, who knows, I know I didn't.

PipePaladin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PipePaladin (78)
Mild Mild Medium Pleasant

I bought a tin of this blend from Davidoff shop - London, previous summer, upon a visit during my studies in Oxford. I have to say that I was amazed to find an aromatic so light and comfortable in the palate for an all-day smoke with NO tongue bite AT ALL! Nothing really sophisticated about its taste though, but it was a perfect blend to enjoy during the summer period where strong tobaccos (in nicotine and aroma) are not in ones rotation.

Redd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Redd (117)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

A typical Danish blend but like the tin says "COOL" this is the optimum word. This blend dose not get hot no matter how much you puff. Aromatic smokers generally tend to puff a lot more then other blend somkers. As to get a wiff of the aroma which is near impossible to get otherwise. The aroma out of the tin is great the room note is more like a simpler tobacco. Not bad at all a little weak at times but a crowd pleaser when walking down the streets. Ladies do like it but this is a better outdoor then indoor aromatic. Packs real easy and stays lit. last long in the tin.

Mild Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

New Name: Blue Mixture, Again Davidoff presents with this blend a unique smoking experience: a hi aromatic with NO BITE at all, this is for those who are looking for an all day aromatic smoke without ANY tongue bite, whatever the way you smoke it it WILL NOT burn your tongue. it taste like candy with fruity backgroung, very soft smoke, I could not detect any tobacco taste (is this tobacco?), room note very pleasant. one of the best aromatic.

Note:

* I cant even finish the tin, I will never buy this anymore

** I will finish this tin, maybe I will buy it again one day

* I love this blend, I will buy it frequently

** My top favorit tobacco, for my regular smoke and cellaring

Not very different from Mild Mixture, the added burley and less casing provide a cooler smoke with no tongue bite, no matter how hard you puff. It is less vanillic, more fruity and milder than MM. Not bad, but hardly worth a recommendation.

Pipepundit Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipepundit (168)

The kindness of peripatetic non-smoking friends gets me to taste all kinds of aromatics.Fox`s Aromatic has the most intense smell of black cherries I have ever come across - it settled into the hair, and upon washing into the towel! This Davidoff offering is a much milder beast, with the expected Davidoff virtues of good ingredients carefully handled. It is fairly cool smoking, as adverised. But eventually it disappoints. It has less character than its stable-mate Scottish Mixture, and just doesn`t hold interest for any length of time.

poupehan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
poupehan (23)

I must admit, I like Davidoff. I like their cigarettes, I like their cigars, so logically, davidoff was one of my first ?to try? brands, when I started with ?serious? tobaccos. Cool mixture is cool indeed. Which is nice. Smoking some of this during the day, leaves the tongue fresh enough to smoke some more sophisticated tobacco?s in the evening. Because this is not very sophisticated nor subtle. Is reminds me of Mac Barens black ambrosia, but without the sweetness. Not a very special tobacco, but it has no real flaws, so for me it is a nice ?day-time? tobacco. Some make remarks on the price of davidoff tobacco?s. I must have paid a tin of this around ?10 at my tobacconist?s. And it gives me troughout a year plenty bowls of enjoyment, making this way cheeper than cigarettes (in my country anyway), or cigars(a decent cuban must start around ?10).

Extremely Mild Very Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

This was my favorite among the three Davidoff blends I purchased--which isn't saying much. The Cool blend had less casing than the other two, and I even detected a tobacco taste occasionally during the course of the bowl. On the plus side, it is true to its name... was it ever cool. In fact, at times I thought I was pulling on a straw rather than a pipe. I kept checking the bowl to make sure the stuff was lit.

If you are a fancier of aromatic tobaccos, this one may fix you right up!