The selected blends of tobaccos include mature Virginia, flavoured Burley and Black Cavendish, promise you a light pleasurable smoke. Nice fruity aroma.

BrandDavidoff
Blended ByOrlik
ContentsBurley
Packaging50g tin
Strength
Very Mild, Medium
Taste
2.2
Joeray Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Joeray (41)
Very Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant

My brother in law bought some of Davidoff blends for me while he transit at Dubai. He loking arround to the airport free duty store and the store sell some kind of pipe tobaccos and he choose the Davidoff blend because the brand is very popular. When I open the tin for the 1st time I smell a creamy mixed fruity from the tobacco, pack it light and burn it and I get a light/mild smoke, allmost plain I gues but with a pleasant rome notes. I think this blend is very good for beginner. For a mild and smooth smoke, I think this blend is good enough. With a creamy fruity flavor is very easy to enjoy.

ifarghaly Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ifarghaly (12)
Very Mild None Detected Very Mild Pleasant

This was my first pipe tobacco to try. It is a very mild, yet creamy tobacco. No tongue bite, and very little saint nic. It does however get boring quite quickly. I guess right from the start I was ready for something stronger. One other thing for a burly tobacco it sure is expensive.

Pipe Used: mr. brog amigo 5

Raines Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Raines (15)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium Strong

I find the taste of this tobacco rather light. So I like it when I just want to relax without searching of any kind of flavor or taste.

Pipe Used: Butz-Choquin Formula 1601

zenflow Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
zenflow (4)

This is a really nice tobacco. A nice smooth black cavendish and virginia flavor. I see no problems with it. 4 stars. Pack it lightly and make sure your taste buds aren't fried and you'll enjoy this tobacco. Lot's of nice flavor. Davidoff makes some fine high quality tobacco.

mo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mo (78)
Mild Mild Mild Tolerable

Thank you Freddie for once again hosting the Pipe Smokers Guild meeting last night. It was great fun.

At our table we were presented by Davidoff Green, Red and Blue. I chose the Green because it smelled like a favourite and standby blend being Petersons Sherlock Holmes.

It does not come close to SH.

I found it bland and tasteless. Not for a Million Pounds would i be able to identify this blend in a blind test. It was just so flat and boring and horror of horrors, around mid bowl i got that Cavendish taste with every puff.

I guess it would appeal to the Pipester who likes this type of blend, the base tobaccos seem to be of very good quality.

Mo, South Africa

?pe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
?pe (41)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

It's tempting to give this a one star review to punish Davidoff for trading on their name rather than their product, but the truth is that it's not that bad.

It's very mild but as that's the point of this blend I can't fault it for that either.

My problem is that it's not just mild, it's insipid. It lacks anything interesting in its meekness.

Wibblefishofdoom Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Wibblefishofdoom (98)

And I was so looking forward to this. My samplings of the red and blue mixtures were favourable, the red's christmas cake overtones and the blue's hints of cream played a merry dalliance with my taste buds and satisfied me most royally.

I thought the promise of these two might be kept when I first opened the tin and a delightful honey scent wafted my nostrils like flowers on a summers day, I so couldn't wait to get in my pipe and light up. Boy, what a disappointment. Yes, there are slight twinges of honey in the flavour but it is subtle to the point of failing to get the message across.

Yes, yes, I do still find myself getting some pleasure from smoking this, and the room note is impeccable, the lack of tonguebite is also a plus, hence the two stars.

I like all the other Davidoff tobacco I've tried, the other colour mixtures, their cigarettes, I so wanted to give this three stars, sadly the lack of flavour in the smoke prevents me from doing so. However, there are enough plus points here to save it from being one star, it's just a shame I can't get the room note without having to smoke it.

leegriff5 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
leegriff5 (1)
Medium Mild Mild Tolerable

sitting out on my porch i found the davidoff green mixture to remind me of santa barbara, california in a bad way. if you are not familiar with the area think of a street reeking of alcohol with a mixture of ocean. If you are a fan of burnt toast then this would be the blend for you because i got notes of it along with refried beans and picante salsa. i don't recommend this blend, although it did stay easily lit and was a relatively dry blend in comparison to the other blends i have been smoking. proper english, sherwood forest, and another english blend.

renwardhoop Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
renwardhoop (58)
Very Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Unnoticeable

This one is the third mixture in the Davidoff trilogy. I liked the Blue, which was fragrant and tasty on a good day. The Red fell a little short of that, but was still quite a passable blend.

Ah, but the Green. Oh dear.

Like the Blue and the Red it shares a truly memorable open tin fragrance. It reminds me of the nicer sore throat sweets which a touch of honey.

Unlike the Blue, where at least a suggestion of the tin aroma makes it through to the smoke and in the room note, this poor old blend is totally and utterly tasteless.

Horrible ? Well no. It's just too tasteless to be horrible. Mrs RH just ignores it and never even passed comment on the tin aroma. It's just so bland and dull.

I've tried different pipes in an attempt to get something out of it. I've tried it direct from the tin and tried drying out in the hope that something will emerge in the way of taste or character. You certainly have no danger in leaving a ghost in your pipe with this one !

So, in conclusion (and one I can't see me editing in the future) tasty tin aroma, tasteless smoke , no room note. Might end up either using it as a filler or making cigarettes from it.

Sorry, Davidoff, not your finest hour.