For the richest smoke across the land, smoke Cherokee. Blended with choice Green River and Black Cavendish pipe tobacco, with a mild vanilla aroma.

BrandAbenaki Tobacco Co.
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Burley
FlavoringVanilla
Strength
Medium, Strong, Very Strong
Taste
Medium to Full, Full, Overwhelming
2.3
Alvis Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Alvis (8)
Medium Medium to Strong Full Tolerable

I just got this one today and I already love it! It may not have the most pleasant room note, but you smoke a pipe for yourself, right? The flavour is marvelous. It is rich, a little bit sweet and spicy. It burns nice and clean. No tongue bite no matter how hard you try. This is one of those tobaccos that makes you glad to smoke a pipe. Highly recommend this one and don't be deterred by the "strong" reputation it has. Very nice!

tick716 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
tick716 (2)
Strong Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

All of Abanaki products that I have tried so far would be considered strong but thay are far from the strongest out there I like all I have tried so far and will buy this one again but not for the casual smoker or someone who likes them mild

CLH Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CLH (5)
Very Strong Strong Overwhelming Tolerable

I tried this as a part of a Sampler pack, more or less, as an experiment. I have never really cared for heavy Burley/Perique mixtures. I had thought that maybe the addition of some Black Cavendish would change that. . . I was wrong.

This is a dark rough cut, with the texture/appearance of shredded tree bark. For me, this is a very strong, heavy mixture. It is so strong that, within the first 5 minutes, it literally gave me a headache. It stays lit, but it burns extremely hot with lots of bite. After a few minutes, my bowl was too hot to handle. If you like really heavy, high nicotine, perique mixtures, you might like this, particularly if you enjoy dizziness and nausea. But, it is not one that I can recommend if, like me, you tend toward the milder aromatics.