Matured Virginia presented in an English style thick cut, broken flake. Medium and dark brown matured Virginia is complimented with the addition of stoved black Virginia to create a really rich, deep natural tobacco flavour and aroma.

BrandBrigham Enterprises Inc.
Blended ByR.L. Will
Strength
Medium to Strong, Strong, Very Strong
Very Mild, Mild, Medium to Strong
Taste
Full
Unnoticeable, Pleasant to Tolerable, Tolerable
Krosham Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Krosham (11)
Strong Very Mild Medium to Full Tolerable

If you like strong natural viginia flavor then this might be the smoke for you. When I first opened the tin the I found the smell of fruit and figs to be intoxicating. Upon smoking my 1st bowl I found it to be a rather uncomplicated smoke that did not develop much over time. This was suggested as a change of pace for the English lover (which I am) but I found the flavor to be too simple.

Maybe just my inexperience talking.......

Falcon Fan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Falcon Fan (4)
Medium to Strong Mild Full Pleasant to Tolerable

ok - bit of a confession here - i bought this because i liked the tin. i hadn't done any research and it doesn't say what it is at all on the tin. The shopkeeper seemed keen to confirm that all her tobacco was very good and would provide smoking satisfaction (and I wasn't giving her much to go on) so this purchase was a bit of a lucky dip. All turned out well - opening the tin evoked distant memories of leather and willow and the school cricket pavillion. The tobacco was very moist and I struggled to keep it alight initially but I had some really enjoyable smokes with this in the bowl after the tin had been open a few weeks. it seemed to work best for me outdoors rather than in and on colder days rather than warmer ones - full of flavor, it is a very dark virginia blend and very marginally related to the lighter straw colored virginia blends such as Capstan Blue that I personally struggle to appreciate. I will buy again but difficult to find from any US internet retailers and the Canadian ones charge somewhere around $30 for a tin so not a cheap option.

Pipe Used: Brigham 02 Heritage Straight Billiard

Age When Smoked: New to 3 months

Purchased From: Oakville Celebrity Gift Shop, Ontario , Canada

LoKi6922 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
LoKi6922 (11)
Very Strong Medium to Strong Full Unnoticeable

Very nice tobacco. Similar in some respects to Peterson's Irish Flake, but with a little more substance.

The tin smells rich. Very much like sun ripened raisins. This tobacco was very wet when I opened it and benefits from some drying, but if you are impatient you can still smoke it right out of the tin.

Every sip of this tobacco is a full flavour experience. Complex and unyielding, the rich tobacco flavours fill your mouth with every draw.

I've heard some people complain they were knocked out of their chairs by the nic content. I haven't noticed to be honest. I still find the Irish Flake to be stronger, with slightly less flavour than this blend. Two thumbs up!