A mixture of bright and Cavendish tobaccos with a distinctive mango fruit flavour.

BrandGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
ContentsCavendish, Virginia
FlavoringMango
Strength
Taste
adjman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
adjman (7)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Very Mild Pleasant

A nice "starter" tobacco, this requires a very gentle and steady approach if you want to avoid 'bite'. The flavor is very obvious and is extremely fruity, but draw a little too often or too much and you will get 'bite'

Requires relighting frequently, even after being allowed to stand on a tissue for 30 minutes.

Gawith Hoggarth Exclusive Wild Mango . I feel a little unsure of what to expect from Wild Mango as I am usually more "orthodox" with my aromatic choices , usually Cherries , Berries , Vanilla or Cream but for some reason I lacked trepidation with this one and decided to just give it a go . To be honest , I have absolutely no quarrel with the moistness of this one , it seams to be a stereotypical Course Cut mixture of just the right dampness . If I take a whiff of the mixture the Mango addition is very salient , it has a very fresh/summer like smell . Once it is lit , which is a simple task in itself , I can quickly fathom that the taste is synonymous with the aroma in its fresh Mango quality , unmistakable right from the offset ! After a short amount of time I notice a less impressive quality , the burn , yes it is quite consistent and mine gives of a moderate temperature smoke but the negative for me lies within the speed , don't prepare to have a long relaxing period with this to accompany a good book as it would be pushed to last the duration of the morning newspaper ! Tongue bite allows me to bring my oration back to a positive one , there is none for the whole bowl long , whether or not it is drawn harshly it still remains none-existent . The Room-Note is another good point , well in my opinion , it's a quite standard Cavendish one with a remarkable Mango Fruitiness there too , again like the aroma the fact it is Mango remains unquestionable ! I think that G.H Wild Mango would be the consummate summer smoke , a bowl of this while the barbecue's burning with a nice cool drink would easily make the most of the holiday Sun !

Pipe Used: Butz Choquin

Purchased From: Smoke King

Wibblefishofdoom Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Wibblefishofdoom (113)
Mild Medium Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

As has become a habit for me, I don't usually expect a lot from aromatics so I wasn't waiting to be impressed by this one. Still, I thought it worth a try as a well known baker of mango crumble so here goes.

The tin aroma is hardly surprising as these are always pretty spot on. Packing and lighting go well too. I was pleasantly surprised by a decent hit of mango as opposed to the usually insipid flavouring of these tobaccos. This does fade after about a third or a half of the smoke and fades into a more toffee come currant bun flavour. It does get a little rough at this point but it's no really biggy, certainly a lot less than Erinmore mixture which the last half of the smoke reminds me of. As for tonguebite, there was little if any, in spite of the roughness.

So on the whole then, a good decent smoke. I did struggle with the rating on this one. Not sure it's quite three stars - it doesn't rate favourably against American Sweet Peach, another three star tobacco in my opinion - but ranks far more favourably that all the the two star tobaccos I've smoked. Probably deserves 2.75 stars to be honest, but 3 will do reasonably well in the mean time.

Dr.sadik Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dr.sadik (100)

a nice gruity offering for those summer days when you have cocktail in your hand and you want a light tobacco matching it or on those winter times when you want to smoke indoors and not be damned because of the smell. the coarse cut blend comprises of dark and bright leafs with decent casing and moderate moisture. not a tobacco to smoke subsequent bowls from as it tend to burn on the hot side however it burns well and even leaving nothing but fine white ash. a nice pace of change for aromatic lovers who are looking for fruity edge.