The blend brings together well matured Virginia from Zimbabwe and flue-cured Italian tobacco. The blend has a unique character and is flavored with whisky and maple.

"The pipe tobacco with unique aroma."
Clan has it's own character - we use no less than 14 different tobaccos from all over the world to create the special taste of Clan.

BrandTheodorus Niemeyer
Extremely Mild, Mild, Mild to Medium
Taste
Unnoticeable, Pleasant, Tolerable
2.0

Intrigued by the German importer's second attempt at landing this blend in Germany (the first one was aborted sometime last year), I bought a pouch.

Opening which, the pouch note is nice, very fruity, but I can still make out the VA beneath that. The 'baccy is mostly a ready rubbed, with some short ribbons in there. I can't make out the KY from the blend description, neither in the pouch note nor in the smoke. Stuffing is easy, and the burn is uncomplicated. Fast puffing will get your tongue burned, but that's my only complaint there.

The room note is quite nice, which is more than I can say about the flavour; it reminds me a bit of the tutti frutti chewing gum of my childhood which weaned me off chewing gum. I get a somewhat chemical aftertaste, too. Mind, it's sweet, and the VA does get through to the tastebuds. Those who enjoy fruity aromatics should probably try CFA out once, but there's not much there for the likes of myself.

Pipe Used: DB Commander, DB Mayfair

Age When Smoked: Fresh from new pouch

Purchased From: Appelhans, Lingen, Germany

Similar Blends: Plenty of other fruity aromatics.

o3Ho3 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
o3Ho3 (28)
Mild Mild Mild Tolerable

This is a fair tobacco blend but... only that. Not particularly good in any direction. Price is low so... fair enough for that. But with a little more money you can certainly find a better one; and there are many...

GrowingMyOwnFood Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
GrowingMyOwnFood (14)
Strong Extremely Mild Mild Unnoticeable

This is my first review, so my opinion may be biased by my inexperience. I find this tobacco not particularly aromatic, despite the name. The smell in the pouch is smokey, relatively mild. The cut is in strips, it's very dry and lights up and keeps burning easily and not excessively hot, producing an extremely rich and satisfying smoke. It is a strong tobacco with little tongue bite.