This tobacco consists of the Finest Oriental tobaccos that are balanced with mild Bright and Red Virginias to produce a light but satisfying smoke. This is perfect for the first pipe of the day and mild enough for all day smoking.

Notes: This tobacco was blended as a replacement for Dunhill - Early Morning Blend.

BrandBrigham Enterprises Inc.

3.8
McKNooB Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
McKNooB (34)
Mild to Medium Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

First, I am new to pipe smoking but I think there is some value in a newcomer detailing a tobacco that might not be for beginners.

When I first opened the tin I was a tad disappointed. Previous reviews were accurate; there is a detectable ketchupy note. I was quite curious. North of the border, we can't get our hands on Dunhill but this came recommended from someone who knew better.

It is one of my favourites. It lights easily and stays lit and requires little fuss, especially when I smoke it my favourite Stanwell. I'm not sure where the aforementioned tin scent goes but it aint there upon burning.

I guess I'm like a lot of other noobs out there, starting out with nothing but aromatics. But I just can't get enough of this tobacco. I have it with coffee (and occasionally some Earl Grey) and it gets even better. Makes me really want to find some Early Morning Pipe in a hurry.

If you're a beginner, don't shy away from this one. My wife loves the aroma (and so do my neighbours) and I love the taste (even if its taken me weeks to figure out how to truly get the taste of everything I've tried).

Taste Buds Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Taste Buds (138)

This is better than Early Morning Pipe. There is a touch of sweetness in every puff, plus it lacks the harshness I've experienced with EMP. R.L Will has done it again. The cut is finer, which for me means fewer relights. The virginia and orientals are tastier and more cohesive. A very cool smoke that is refreshing and satisfying. The latakia is far in the background where it belongs. The flavor stays the same right to the bottom of the bowl. This is not only superior to the mixture it was blended to replace, but I also prefer this to London Mixture and Standard Mixture. This is also smoother and tastier than Skiff and Squadron Leader. For those who have been unhappy with Orlik's Dunhill oriental blends and Samuel Gawith, you will love this.

Update: I've been told that these blends will be available at major online tobacconists in the U.S. in September 2012.

PuffedRomanian Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PuffedRomanian (4)

OK so I really really enjoyed this blend, it almost smells like bacon, hence the name rise and shine. Pairs perfectly with coffee in the morning. Perfect hint of sweetness an full bodied flavor, a small small touch of sweetness though. Good nicotine hit

I just ordered a tin of early morning pipe to compare.......I

Krosham Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Krosham (11)

This blend was released to fill the void when Dunhill took Early Morning Pipe off the market. I have yet to try the Dunhill original (old or new versions) but I can say if they are anything like this blend then I would recommend them as well.

A fine all day smoke for me. Some nice Lat and Orientals with good sweetness from the Virginias. Not too bold. I love walking the dog in the woods with this one during the day. I save Days End for the night time walk.

In Canada we don't have a lot of choices really...The Brigham tins are generally the best choice (though expensive) as they are the easiest to find.

I look forward to the mailman bringing me some Dunhill tins for comparison!

steelcicada Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
steelcicada (9)
Medium Extremely Mild Medium to Full Tolerable to Strong

Has the right amount of Madamoiselle N to " Rise " and an impeccable measure of flavour to " Shine ". Madamoiselle becomes Madam as the embers progress but a Femme Fatale never she becomes. " The folks at my heel as I trode they be 'hind, I to my pleasure, they to their grind !" - Peotic Parable of a Pipe aficionado - Me - Tonight IOW It's so good I enjoy my ride to work

Diolch

Schmitz Bitz Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Schmitz Bitz (5)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Medium Tolerable to Strong

Tin aroma is earthy and rich, with smoky hints of latakia, and the herbal orientals coming through. I also detect a hint of sweetness, which I liken to over-ripe cantalope. The initial flavours I notice are smooth sweet and spicy notes, with just a hint of smokyness from the latakia. The herb flavours of the orientals linger on the tongue, mellowing as the bowl progressess, and allowing the natural sweetness of the virginia's to come to the forefront (I find this tobacco DGT's really well, too, given the virginia's). The room note is reminiscent of a spice bazaar, or spice shop, and not completely unpleasant (like most lat. blends), although the wife does state that she wouldn't want to be stuck in a small room with it. This blend smokes cool and dry, however, if pushed it will bite back. The aftertaste is pleasant, with a smoky sweetness and a hint of dried herb.

All in all, a great way to kick off the day, but definitely smooth enough to smoke all day.