Rich black cavendish blended with matured ready rubbed Virginia and loose ribbons of golden Virginia. Flavoured with Irish coffee and a spoon full of Highland honey for a sweet and gentle warm spicy taste.

Notes: The cut may not be described easily using the 2 pre-selected "options" because it seems to be a rough rough cut, with coarse and ribbon, bigger size, mixed together with some ready rubbed stuff.

NOTE: this is a Dan Tobacco blend; Treasures of Ireland is a series, not a brand. Mod.

BrandDan Tobacco
2.0
TEO Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TEO (31)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This is what I call a perfect "waiting room" tobacco, you could smoke tons of this stuff without being annoyed neither by extreme Nicotine Punch nor too much aromatization, even if, on opening the tin, strong scents of honey & whiskey rip apart your nose. Surely I'm not into aromatics that much, so I think I'll finish this one but I'm not sure I'll buy it again: don't misundestrand me, this is not terrible nor "chewing gum like tobacco" but it tends to be very very sweet for the first third of the bowl then flavour, sweetness and almost everything thrilling about the aroma turns off, leaving you a bit disappointed. Maybe I'll try another tin in the future but I'll make it work only in union with some Sweet Vanilla Honeydew and adding some kentucky punch, even to round it a little. The strange strange thing and interesting scent about this tobacco is that, shortly after opening the tin, it seems the the amount of different flavours added bumps out some Mint, full behind honey...don't ask me how! Somewhat recommended...

Cumarinophil Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Cumarinophil (107)
Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Tolerable

ToI Shamrock reminds me of After Eight chocolate thins. It smells really sweet out of the tin of dark chocolate and mint. The expected Irish whiskey remains a treasure yet to be found. The toppings are much more discrete when smoked, the tobaccos add some spiciness to the taste of honey (as mentioned in the catalogue in addition to the whiskey) on a malty, creamy, minty background. Good strength for an aromatic, low maintenance, but a little bit of moisture.

The room note is surprisingly spicy and does not have much in common with the smell from the tin. I find it actually not that bad, if it was only called or described differently, maybe even subtitled “After Eight to smoke”… but then again not an Irish tribute anymore...

Pipe Used: Various with and without filter

Age When Smoked: fresh to 2 yrs

Emeritus Account Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Emeritus Account (28472)
Medium Very Mild Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

Hello. I agree that this one just sound like a medium virginia but the tabbaco is not as good as could be a rattray for exemple. The flavor is maybe just an excuse because not very tasty. For sur not a bad one but as the precedent rew say, maybe a good tobbaco when your favorit one is out of stock and you have to wait next day to have it.

"Happy puffin"

Ancient Thoughts Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ancient Thoughts (1)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Upon opening the tin, you are greeted by Black Cavendish, ready rubbed Virginia and Golden Virginia ribbons.

The aroma is quite strong but still pleasant. It is sweet and slightly alcoholic and reminds me of a freshly baked raisin bread (without the cinnamon) with a spoonful of dark, rich honey added to it. The "Irish Mist" liqueur comes to mind.

The tobacco itself did not perform very well, even though the moisture level was acceptable when I got it. I had to relight it several times, no matter how carefully I packed the bowl and how carefully I tamped the tobacco. It just seemed to get sticky fairly quickly and turned into a lump. I let the tobacco dry for a few minutes and used a pipe with a larger bowl, but unfortunately it did not help much.

At times I found the taste to be quite nice, but it was too unpredictable to actually enjoy it. One moment it was sweet and mellow and the next it was ashy.

I did not expect to find the highest quality tobacco in this blend, but I was still a little disappointed.

Somewhat recommended. Maybe someone else has the perfect pipe for this "treasure" and manages to get some enjoyment out of it.

Pipe Used: Crown Viking, db Billard