A classic English mixture with a special broad cut. Red Kentucky, Virginia and Oriental with selected perique makes this tobacco an ultimate under the English mixtures.

BrandPeter Heinrichs
ContentsKentucky, Oriental/Turkish, Perique, Virginia
Strength
Extra Strong
Taste
Overwhelming
Tolerable to Strong
1.0
DenizBeck Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DenizBeck (153)
Medium to Strong Extra Strong Overwhelming Tolerable to Strong

I wanted to try No. 126, as it sounded to be just up my alley. I love Kentucky & Perique and I'm really getting into Orientals. What could go wrong you say? Oh...we'll get to that....

I was awaiting a full-bodied, tangy and peppery spicy smoke, with the typical herbal Oriental feel to it. What I got is an aromatic, I can't say other. This thing already smells like women perfume from the sample baggie. I thought "well, maybe they cased i a bit" - "a bit"...this thing must've been drowned in casing, as it's hard to detect anything but the added flavour. Which leads me to think "did they give me the wrong sample?" But I've seen the guy opening the jar with the No. 126 on it and pack it.

Really no tobacco taste to be found, only a decent spice, that's pleasing, but overshadowed by the horrifying flavouring, which really reminds me of (cheap) women perfume. I couldn't even finish the half bowl of my clay pipe that I packed from this.

As I don't know how "Lakelands" taste, it might well be, that this is a "Lakeland" as people often describe it as "soapy" and "old grandma perfume" - No. 126 has those "qualities", might be they called it "English" for that reason.

Really a dissapointment, I was hoping for some full-bodied english blend and got a smokeable version of grandmas perfume. It has strenght, and can also get harsh, but it's far from being "full-bodied english style smoke".

If you look into my reviews, you'll notice I give a lot of good ratings, as I try to judge a blend on if it's a good one of this style of blends or not. And even if a blend isn't my most favorite, I often give 4 stars, when the quality is very good and I can see people bein fans of this - but I really can't imagine anyone who's expecting a english non-Latakia blend will like this...the taste lingers for long time in the room, mouth..hell even on my fingers. And it's very obtrusive and artificial.

Sry Peter...I like a lot of your blends - this is none of them. I'll talk to them and ask if this is ment to be a Lakeland next time I'm there...this will haut me in my nightmares, really!

Pipe Used: Clay Pipe