A slightly Aromatic blend of Virginia, Burley, Deer Tongue and Perique. Deer Tongue is a plant that imparts the flavor of Vanilla. Imagine is a nice and easy kinda all day blend.

Blended ByRich Gottlieb
None Detected, Mild, Mild to Medium

leacha Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
leacha (11)
Mild None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant

Since I do not have a highly refined palate, it's hard to describe tastes and flavors that I experience. I only know what I like and do not like. So here's my rating scale and a brief reason for the rating.

★★★★ = Excellent - Apocalypse blend, cellar worthy.

★★★☆ = Good - Not part of regular roatation but keeping a few tins/ounces is wise.

★★☆☆ = Fair - A smokable blend that is worth trying again.

★☆☆☆ = Poor - Do not smoke! Trade off or give away to the unsuspecting.

Because tastes and blends change over time and depending on what pipe is used, I reserve the right to change my rating at any time.

Growing up in an Italian household, many family members lived close by. My Uncle Joe, a man who felt kids were best seen not heard only left me with memories of his pipe. Upon lighting the first bowl of Imagine, I was instantly transported back to that time long ago. The room note was heavenly. Imagine is an “old school” aromatic with little sweetness and the aromatic flavor coming from the deer tongue. I smoked all four bowls of my sample in one day. Good in a briar, best in a cob for my taste. The pouch scent is led by the deer tongue. I like it dry and it burns with ease. The only downside to this blend is that it is loaded with deer tongue and could be a little much for some. I almost always smoke at least an ounce or more before commenting, so please keep in mind that is based on my small sample. If you enjoy that fine weed and want an unsweetened aromatic, (if there has been some sweetness added, it is a very small amount), than 4 Noggins has hit the mark with Imagine. Three and a half stars!

fireball Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
fireball (36)
Mild Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I've only smoked nearly an ounce of this, having purchased 5 x 1oz packs in the Virginia sampler, but it has really grown on me. It's a good Virginia/Burley mixture, with specks of green in the multicolored tobacco, I guess this is the deer's tongue. To me, the 'topping' in both smell and taste is like almonds, or its derivative, marzipan, but not in a sickly sweet way at all. It's a little incensy, but very smokable for a Virginia fan looking for a new angle.