Light to medium english blend.

BrandGolden Leaf Tobacco
Blended ByGolden Leaf Tobacco
Strength
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant

Irish Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Irish (5)
Medium None Detected Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Right off the bat, I really enjoy trying shop blends. I came upon a new blend recently called Shipwreck. This blend is a combination of latika, 2000, Red Cake, and perique all from McClelland. When I opened the pouch a wonderful medium English aroma greeted me. When I smoked a bowl, I noticed that the flavor was full but not overwhelming and there was no bite. All tobaccos came out in a very well balanced manner. The tobacco burned to the bottom of the bowl and was very good all the way to the bottom. Those around me seem to enjoy the aroma. This is a wonderful shop blend at Golden Leaf Tobacco, 277 W. 7th St. in St. Paul, Minnesota. Highly recommended.

FP Stew Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
FP Stew (7)

This is in my Top-Five English and Top-Ten of the 150+ blends tried to-date. Irish’s review has this one nailed perfectly!

Yesterday I happened to be in downtown St. Paul, Minnesota. After a meeting, I grabbed my half smoked AM Pipe which happened to be filled with Shipwreck, so I thought, I’ll go over to Golden Leaf and finish the bowl while I write up notes from the meeting. The Golden Leaf Tobacco Shop is a really nice place to pass an hour and Man was that I nice bowl … even after about 1 ½ pounds of this blend I still find that I really enjoying the complex nuances of this blend, This blend is my 4++ of 4.

If you are traveling through my beloved homeland of Minnesota and are in the neighborhood of St. Paul or Minneapolis … you will not be disappointed if you stop in at the Golden Leaf (both shops are great!). There are many house blends, and if you like nutty Virginia, Burley blends, be sure to try “Frog Town” too. (I have expanded the brotherhood of pipe smokers by offering an ounce of Frog Town to several friends … a real crowd pleaser that tastes better than the room note)

Pipe Used: Many - Works well in all sizes

Age When Smoked: Bulk smoked fresh to 2 years old (All Good!)

Purchased From: The Golden Leaf in St. Paul and Minneapolis, Minnesota

Similar Blends: Seatle Evening and McClelland's Dark English.