This loose cut mixture of the Limited Reserve No. 2 is composed of ripened Virginia tobaccos and complemented with toasted Burley. After a slow heating process, Black Cavendish tobacco and Scottish malt whiskey is added to lend this blend an enchanting creamy taste and fruity aroma.

BrandDavidoff
Taste
maigret fan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
maigret fan (56)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

In the tin it smells like Christmas pudding with a high wisky note (I rather like Christmas pudding although nobody at home here in France is very found about it!). The smoke is cool and satisfactory. I recommend it for a Summer afternoon. Someone looking for something more aromatic may want something stronger.

Plunket Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Plunket (39)
Mild Very Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Well it was bound to happen - it's my first - first review of a blend. This appeared on the shelf at Davidoff's shop in St James's here in London just before Christmas 2010. It's tinned in 100g tins and marked Limited Reserve, which I suppose justified the extortionate price and Davidoff don't do cheap!

Very aromatic, very Danish - it's what it says on the tin - sweet, but unusually, I found it a very easy and reasonably pleasant smoke, and considering I avoid aromatics like the plague - that's saying something.

It's a loose-cut, top grade virginia with toasted Burley and black cavendish laced with Scottish malt whisky, which gives it a creamy flavour. A very fruity presence, but not overpowering with a very prominant orange/apricot aroma and room note.

Surprisingly, I thought the moisture content was just about right - perhaps a little moist and I've had it in the house for nearly 5 months before opening. Again and unusually, I found it smoked cool even when pushed and I couldn't generate tongue bite despite my best endeavours.

I rarely purchase aromatics, but I found it a tolerable relaxing smoke and although I was told it was a Christmas special - they have called-up more supply because of its popularity.

For those aromatic devotees its a must try. For those like me - it's also worth a try!