A black Toasted Cavendish with vanilla and a touch of maple. Cut big enough to burn cool. Dry enough to stay lit.

BrandGatlin-Burlier
ContentsBlack Cavendish
FlavoringMaple, Vanilla
Strength
Taste
Perique Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Perique (84)
Extremely Mild Medium Very Mild Very Pleasant

A typical dark black cavendish with a typically light taste. I mean extremely light. Almost tasteless. Fantastic tin and room notes.

I can't give this more than one star. However, those who enjoy this type of extremely mild blend, almost devoid of tobacco taste, will find this one extremely pleasing and far superior to any OTC offering.

Similar Blends: Lane Limited - BCA.

BaritoneJP Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BaritoneJP (4)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

This is a smooth and cool burning smoke as well as an even smoke. The flavor stays for a while and the room note is by far the best; I get so many comments when I smoke this in cigar or pipe shops. I still have this in my favorite pipe and this is my go-to choice.

It does tend to be moist and not overly but does not gurgle (if allowed to rest properly)

jeff394 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jeff394 (5)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

I think this is Lane BCA but can't prove it. Has a good flavor, though, and I'm a big fan of the Gatlinburlier for their knowledge and service.

PoshRichM Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PoshRichM (1)
Medium Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Chimney Smoke was my inaugural tobacco, when I bought my first pipe from the Gatlinburlier in early 2008. 18 pipes collected, and dozens of tobaccos tried later, Chimney Smoke manages to remain my go-to tobacco for a relaxing, uncomplicated smoke.

I primarily favor English mixtures, from Presbyterian Mixture and Peterson Old Dublin, to Esoterica Margate, GLP Samarra and FMOTT. For that matter, most aromatic blends are harsh, gurgly tongue- friers for me. Chimney Smoke, though, seems to treat me right like no other tobacco blend or mixture.

It's an aromatic black toasted cavendish, so if you can't stand those, Chimney Smoke's not for you. Every pipe shop has a blend like this ("Black Gold," etc.), but I've tried several of them, and Chimney Smoke is smoother, evener and cooler burning, and retains its top-note flavor longer than any other I've found. It's got a room note to kill for, and has a complexity that still surprises me after two years of palate development. It's a little sticky, as any of its ilk will be, but not overtly goopy. It smokes a bit moist, but doesn't gurgle like most aros. The top flavor burns off by mid-bowl, but it still retains enough tobacco character to be enjoyable.

In short, Chimney Smoke ought to be a problematic tobacco, but instead it's proven an old friend, and is the only blend I keep around in significant quantity. My wife loves it for its room note, and I love it because it's a satisfying, untemperamental smoke that performs well in all my aromatic-dedicated pipes.