Extra matured for the holiday season 1993-1994.

BrandLevin Pipes International
Blended ByMcClelland Tobacco Company
Packaging100 g tin
Strength
Taste
Full
Mild to Medium None Detected Full Very Pleasant

I recently received a few of these old tins to sell, but decided that I just had to try some, so, I purchased a tin for myself. When I popped the tin, I first received the most naturally sweet Virginia smell I had ever encountered. The broken flakes within were still moist and a very dark red and black in some spots. Sugary crystals were all over the place. These flakes felt like oily silk when I gathered a wad and loaded it in my pipe. At the match, I drifted immediately off to Heaven. Deeply rich and fermented Virginia flavor with a depth and natural sweetness I have never before encountered. Smooth and creamy from top to bottom with a variety of flavor presentations as I worked my way down the bowl. By the time I hit the sweet spot at the bottom third, I thought I was going to pass out from the richness and palate pleasing presentation. Folks, I kid you not, this was perhaps the finest straight Virginia I have ever smoked. I wanted to buy the rest of these tins for myself, but the very tiny remnant of gentleman I have in me said to "share the wealth." It ain't easy being a gentleman. )-:

Pipestud